New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not exactly a new tool cause I've had it a couple years. But very handy for doing the thing it's designed to do! My cousin gave me this one; he said he had another at work ( his job provides his tools) and didn't need it as much as I did.
The clamp looking thingy on the end of the cable goes on the tangs of the factory style hose clamps, and squeezes them open so you can remove the clamp. Perfect for that one on the Vortec 5.0/5.7 that is behind the thermostat housing and the accessory bracket. Once you get the hang of using it,works beautifully!

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not exactly a new tool cause I've had it a couple years. But very handy for doing the thing it's designed to do! My cousin gave me this one; he said he had another at work ( his job provides his tools) and didn't need it as much as I did.
The clamp looking thingy on the end of the cable goes on the tangs of the factory style hose clamps, and squeezes them open so you can remove the clamp. Perfect for that one on the Vortec 5.0/5.7 that is behind the thermostat housing and the accessory bracket. Once you get the hang of using it,works beautifully!

I keep telling myself I need to buy one of those, but I never seem to get it done. I guess becasue those clamps aren't something I mess with very often.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have seen those tools in action--they do indeed work well.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have seen those tools in action--they do indeed work well.
I was changing the water pump in his driveway ( my family was living with him and his wife then) and wanted to change all the bypass hoses too. It's not something I would have bought ( unless they're available in a cheaper version from the tool places most of us go to that aren't targeted at the professional mechanic). And not something I use very often. But when you need it.... you NEED it. I tried to get that one clamp loose with every pair of pliers I had,and no luck. But that did the trick! I guess if I'd taken the T stat housing off,but I didn't want to do that as it wasn't leaking. And the job had to be finished by that evening......

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
screenshot_20210228-074624_chrome-jpg.238582
]

I don't know if anyone has used this, (and yes, I know I could have made it cheaper than buying it) but whenever it shows up at my door, I'll be able to praise it or cuss about it to you guys/gals.
I love how the text says "bare steel" but the photo has it painted pretty blue. Eastwood is well-known for screwing it's customers with deceptive advertising.

I used a 2X4 cut to length, some bolts, nuts and some chain I already owned.
Photo 1. Bed removed to access fuel pump.
http://hbassociates.us/Fuel_Pump_1.JPG

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
how heavy do you think the bed is? I dont have a lift and I'm unsure if the beam I have here on the front of my carport will handel it. it should but I wonder. I have been considering building a very tall tripod out of some hickory trees instead I have lots of perfectly straight and tall ones in my bush. I can remember pretty much how my dad and his brothers tripod was built. hell I might even be able to find that old tripod.

Al

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I don't know if anyone has used this, (and yes, I know I could have made it cheaper than buying it) but whenever it shows up at my door, I'll be able to praise it or cuss about it to you guys/gals.

I borrowed one about the same, then measured it and built one. Put a big piece of cardboard between the cab and box and you can take beds off yourself.