New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

They work very well. I bought a pack of them in various sizes around a year ago and they've been awesome. I actually just fixed a wire to the oil pressure gauge in my Monte Carlo with one a few months ago. (Forgot to put it back in the loom and a primary tube on the driver's side header melted the jacket.)

EDIT - Best part is you can melt the solder using just a standard lighter, so it's easy to use them in tight spaces.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that's one long link.
We use those to fix wiring and add ons at work all the time. Need to order myself some.

Starting to pick up tools for home since I have most of my stuff at work.
You must be registered for see images attach

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went on a tiny spending spree, I've been looking for the soldering iron for a while, and on a quick run into Homeless Despot I found one finally. Also grabbed the case of drill bits because I needed more.

I’ve been on a Milwaukee M12 kick lately. The Fuel stuff is small but mighty.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to Lowe's today to get some more paint for our guest bathroom we're remodeling. Too many people!!! I was told it would be about 1/2 hour so, to kill time I wound up in the tool section, go figure! Bosch now has a new, to me anyway, system where you can buy 1/4" drive bits you need and an empty holder to keep them in. Since I recently bought that 20V Dewalt impact driver, damn good tool, and I've had a Bosch 10.6V driver for finish work for a few years now. I don't want those almost useless magnetic 1/4" holders and the shorty bits. I got these today (the ones still packaged) and I already had the Philips set.

So I took the duplicates out of the sets and consolidated them in the box.

The box has rubber bumper corners so, hopefully it'll hold up better than my old Kobalt one.

Last edited:

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to Lowe's today to get some more paint for our guest bathroom we're remodeling. Too many people!!! I was told it would be about 1/2 hour so, to kill time I wound up in the tool section, go figure! Bosch now gas a new, to me anyway, system where you can buy 1/4" drive bits you need and an empty holder to keep them in. Since I recently bought that 20V Dewalt impact driver, damn good tool, and I've had a Bosch 10.6V driver for finish work for a few years now. I don't want those almost useless magnetic 1/4" holders and the shorty bits. I got these today (the ones still packaged) and I already had the Philips set.

So I took the duplicates out of the sets and consolidated them in the box.

The box has rubber bumper corners so, hopefully it'll hold up better than my old Kobalt one.
That's cool!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not new, but I just realized how much I loved it so I’m buying a couple more on Amazon for $6/ea. I love it because of the size - not too bulky like most. It’s the Allway 2000V 4-in-1.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Is there even such a thing as too many tools? I think not! Some of the things we have, you may not need often, but when you need it, you NEED IT.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not new, but I just realized how much I loved it so I’m buying a couple more on Amazon for $6/ea. I love it because of the size - not too bulky like most. It’s the Allway 2000V 4-in-1.
That looks like a good thing to have in pocket on trips to the treasure yard