New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Grabbed a used Kent Moore fan nut tool and clawfoot from eBay for $40. Last time I took the fan off, I swore I’d find the right tool the next time.

You must be registered for see images attach
I have a fan holding tool from Northern Tool, it was only $15 cause I had a coupon. Also bought the 36mm wrench for the fan nut, it was water pump time on the vortec. Works great and makes the job so much easier.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I watched a buddy change the oil in a 4th gen Camaro with one of those as his only light source once. It was hilarious.
I did the last oil change on my truck with a flashlight! When the intake manifold gasket started leaking when the radiator almost ran dry and the oil looked like dreamsicle, I had to do it after dark and my shed doesn't have electricity right now. Looking back at it now it was kinda like " can't believe I actually did that" but at the time it was scary as hell, thinking my motor might be fixing to die. I usually work on the Burb there during the day but that was not an option that day. Oh well, got it done without too much mess and put a jar of bars leaks copper in it; so far so good, no more orange oil! And I check that **** every day now!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I cut a fan holding tool from a 2' long piece of 2"x3/16" flat stock. Big channel locks work just fine on the fan nut.
Yes my dad made something like that for the first Burb, before he bought the premade tool. Couldn't find it so I bought the one I have.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tired of dealing with my mix and match sockets, I ventured on a quest for a set with all I needed just for my 95 Tahoe. I found I needed 8, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 22, and 24. Most sets skip a few of these, but I found a Kobalt set that got all bu the extremes: 10-18 mm deep and standard, 6-point, 3/8 drive.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a deal and a coupon so I could “afford” this Milwaukee M12 Fuel Stubby Impact. I was waffling over the 1/2” and the 3/8” drive until I found this nifty Titan compact adapter set at Northern Tool - adapts up not down. Went with the 3/8 drive, shown here with the 3/8 to 1/2 adapter.