New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to keep this one in mind. Got a window that acts like it’s on it’s way out.

Those are some pricy tools on the right vs the rivet gun!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to keep this one in mind. Got a window that acts like it’s on it’s way out.
Yeah, after tearing it all apart, cleanin the tracks, and spraying white lithium grease all over, the driver's side moves twice as fast as the passenger's! Next week we'll do the other side. It took him 1-1/2 hours to do the window but I was cooking a 16.25LB brisket since 9:00 last night (all I did was clean up the panel and drill out the rest of the rivets) , so we decided to watch the race and pound down a couple beers, ha ha. On newer trucks he said he can do it in less than an hour.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OUCH, that's gotta hurt! :banghead:

Yeah, there are some things I can happily do without.

How well do y’all think this will handle a 3/8 or 1/2” impact? It’s a 30-gallon, 5.1 CFM at 90-psi. I like the flexibility of air, but only have a 120V 20A circuit to work with.

You must be registered for see images attach

I wouldn’t use it for long continuous runs like a grinder or paint sprayer, but seems like it would be ok for the normal kind of stuff.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3...table-Electric-Air-Compressor-C303H/206532808

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How well do y’all think this will handle a 3/8 or 1/2” impact? It’s a 30-gallon, 5.1 CFM at 90-psi.
Marginally for impact guns, I have an old 5 HP 2 stage compressor that will run ~145PSI but, at that pressure it'll blow out a nail gun so, I have it set @ 100 - 120 PSI. When my son brings his air tools, he can definitely tell the difference from his shop air pressure. But that's when he wants to break a stuck nut with his Ingersoll Rand Titanium or his other Snap On ones. My old CP 1/2" (from the 80's) can torque nuts to ~120FT/LBs @ 120PSI, HTH!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ryobi cordless orbital sander. I used this yesterday to sand my NBS bumper. I did it upstairs in the house. It sure is nice to not have to worry about an air compressor for the smaller jobs!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went to a friend of my wife's whose husband died a while back. She's selling all of his old tools and vehicles, already sold a couple 'vettes, a 70 roadrunner among others. Still has a Harley and a motor home for sale. Unfortunately we didn't know she's been selling all this stuff for 4 weeks now by appointment, oh well. I did find a NOS vacuum gauge never opened and some wire wheels, all for $10, not bad.