New lease on life for a '93 sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a '93 sierra k1500 back in October. It has the 5.7 and came with a tired 4L60e. Shortly after I got it seemed the trans was due for the bin and replaced it with an nv4500. I also rebuilt the front end steering and suspension, ran new stainless 2.25" dual exhaust off of headman long tube headers with ball style collectors. It's a true dual system and sounds great! I also repaired and installed several new grounds as well as replacing the battery terminals with post style connectors and cleaned up the power distribution block. It also got a new starter, alternator and p/s pump and pulley along with the acc bracket to which they mount(bracket was broken leaving the alternator in the wind). The headers I bought fit great and installed without a hitch, even having converted to a 5 speed. They did not however come with an 02 sensor bung, which wasn't a big deal. I installed my own and being knowledgeable of efi but tired I installed the one wire O2 sensor on the cylinder 3 primary tube, in the outside of the bend just off the head keeping it close and warm to the cylinder head. After said improvements, I changed all my ignition over to 8mm wires and brass contact cap and rotor using dielectric at all my connections and wire separators to keep the wires neat and safe from the header tubes. When I finished that, I finally rebuilt the tbi unit. It was dirty but otherwise in good order. What I wasn't expecting was the truck in neutral, while operating the throttle at the tbi unit, it seems a little lazy almost as if the timing is late. I almost wonder if the headers have this affect or if it is my O2 placement. It did occur to me that it would only read off of a center cylinder however, I never gave it any thought that the delay between exhaust pulses may affect it negatively as well.......any advice, experiences or info would be appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. it's a brand new Bosch O2 sensor and it IS the or type single wire!

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do. Last time I tried that it failed but I think that's bc of my satellite internet lol