How do I OM out the sensors for a 1997 5.7 vortec.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oniontheoreo

Reaction score
Gaydies and lentlemen I have fix the back fire issu with a new cap n rotor and an o2 sensor, however I have some totally nice lifter tick that needs to be fixed, who are reliable makers of lifters?

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a roller cam. Get some junkyard Vortec roller lifters, clean and inspect them, and replace the offending lifter. Inspect the cam as best you can through the intake valley openings.

oniontheoreo

Reaction score
You have a roller cam. Get some junkyard Vortec roller lifters, clean and inspect them, and replace the offending lifter. Inspect the cam as best you can through the intake valley openings.
I would agree but it's not a stock engine with a mild cam, it's why I ask. And low key I wanna replace the eight because the engine had a sketchy rebuild so

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would agree but it's not a stock engine with a mild cam, it's why I ask. And low key I wanna replace the eight because the engine had a sketchy rebuild so
i mean if you want to.. go ahead lol. But are you SURE its lifter tick and not one of the many things that could mimic that sound?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard--but not verified--that the GM "LS7" roller lifters are supposed to be superb.

And then there are the aftermarket "LS7" lifters, which if you believe the aftermarket, are just as wonderful and half the price.

I have no doubt that GM is sourcing them from...someone. But it's anyone's guess who they're buying from this week. Is Delphi still in existence? I heard they got spun-off, resold, renamed.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have heard--but not verified--that the GM "LS7" roller lifters are supposed to be superb.

And then there are the aftermarket "LS7" lifters, which if you believe the aftermarket, are just as wonderful and half the price.

I have no doubt that GM is sourcing them from...someone. But it's anyone's guess who they're buying from this week. Is Delphi still in existence? I heard they got spun-off, resold, renamed.
they have been bought but they still use the delphi name to market its products. how much of it is "the same"? I guess probably the same as delphi post 2004(when they went bankrupt and sold almost all their production off)

basically the original Delphi technically is https://www.aptiv.com/ [Aptiv] now. but delphi in products are still sold by borgwarner

Last edited:

oniontheoreo

Reaction score
Cam is now chewed and lifter is dead, do I have to pull the engine for a cam replacement or do I just remove the radiator and condensers. Also I've read into the ls7 lifters. You can use them, apparently in 97 (and I believe lifters 2014 and down are interchangeable) they designed their lifters to be interchangeable. They say theres like a .050 height difference, but they also say it's not near enough to change push rods. Is this all fairly accurate?