Need help identifying the interior wiring harness plug-ins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshloaf

Reaction score
Note: This is my first OBS and the first Chevy I’ve ever restored at this level so please have some patience, lmao.

Long story short, I need to identify the plug-ins under the dashboard before I clean and install the interior. I’ve got everything inside the cab gutted except for the steering column and the wiring (duh). I need to know what everything plugs into so when I put the whole dashboard, HVAC, etc into the cab, I’m not throwing tools trying to find the plug-in locations. TIA! I’ll attach some pictures with according numbers.

Attachments

• 2F1B65E4-BEE4-4D24-8E2A-A05F6E3B510C.jpeg
    2F1B65E4-BEE4-4D24-8E2A-A05F6E3B510C.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 48
  • 5CE4FAFE-48B3-43BE-9200-2346CEC00FAB.jpeg
    5CE4FAFE-48B3-43BE-9200-2346CEC00FAB.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 46

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
4 and 1 belong together, that's your HVAC Power supply. 7, 8, 9 are your HVAC door actuator connectors, I'd have to consult my diagrams to remember which one goes to which motor.. 5 and 6 are your Blower connectors, black ground, purple hot. 11 is your floor dome light, 1156 bulb needed. Not sure about 10.... 2 is your engine to body harness, usually the other end would be close to the ECM and is two separate black connectors held together.

Last edited:

joshloaf

Reaction score
Maybe if you include year, engine, trans, trim package, electric windows/doors, a/c, etc?
Absolutely. I included the year, body and body style in the tags which is a 1989 Single Cab Stepside; as per the rest it’s the 350 TBI, Silverado, electric windows, 4X4, A/C, and tow package.

joshloaf

Reaction score
4 and 1 belong together, that's your HVAC Power supply. 7, 8, 9 are your HVAC door actuator connectors, I'd have to consult my diagrams to remember which one goes to which motor.. 5 and 6 are your Blower connectors, black ground, purple hot. 11 is your floor dome light, 1156 bulb needed. Not sure about 10.... 2 is your engine to body harness, usually the other end would be close to the ECM and is two separate black connectors held together.
That’s such a big help, thank you. Any chance I could reference the diagram(s) you’re talking about?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your stuck or not sure, the service manual does he have drawings of every connector, wire colors to same, and function. The electrical section . Personally I gotta tag everything, or get interrupted then this happens, " now where does that connector go?" Good luck.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That’s such a big help, thank you. Any chance I could reference the diagram(s) you’re talking about?
This one's for a 90 but is the same as your 89: https://www.ak49bwl.com/other/wires/1990_Silverado_HVAC.pdf

So based on that, 7 is for your recirc door motor (back against the firewall behind the blower motor), 8 is for your Temp door motor (front of HVAC box, behind factory cassette location), and 9 is for your mode doors motor (left side of HVAC box).

Last edited: