I’m putting a 94 ac system in my non ac 88

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loosh

Reaction score
Howdy! Getting close to having ac in my stock no ac 88 5.7.
Got a hvac box from a 94 with all connectors attached still, got a 94 control until, got new compressor, lines, evap core, condenser, actuators etc. all new everything. Have a dumb one piece 88 accessory bracket so I got the two piece aluminum brackets from a 94, got all new junk pulleys since compressor is 6 groove and mine is not.
Last piece of the puzzle (hopefully) is wiring this.
My question is this: will this diagram from a 93 work for this 94/88 Frankenstein? At least for the: compressor clutch, high pressure, and low pressure?
You must be registered for see images attach

This diagram seems to be pretty easy to read and clear. Can’t find one this detailed for 94

And is it gonna be ok if I have to plug a wire into my ecm or do I need to go find a new ecm.
And what plugs into this:

If you got anything to say or any advice, I’ll appreciate it!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a '94 service manual in the thread about downloadable manuals, just farther into the thread than the first posting.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my '94 diesel, that plug carries power to the fuel cutoff solenoid, but has a pink/black to do so. I think the heavy red is the power to the blower motor. I spent a lot of time diddling before I found the other side of the connector hiding under the dash frame. It goes to a fusible link on the firewall power bar.

In general, the only thing you need to make cold air is a running compressor and a running fan. You could literally have a toggle switch through the low and high pressure switches to the compressor and a dial resistor for the fan, so your options are pretty open. For your door actuators, it shouldn't be hard to wire them to the stock controller; there may be other years/styles that operate them but it's beyond my knowledge.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Uh..you have the wire diagrams, what's it connected to behind your hand. What's on the diagram with a Red or Orange, Green , Black wire connector?

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't attach files from Alldata, but on the diesel the big red powers the auxilliary fan (which I don't have) along with a signal wire (green) to the A/C controller, and a pink/black to the gauges fuse -> fuel cutoff solenoid. Maybe not helpful for a gas motor, but the diesel wouldn't start without the P&B connected there.

Last edited: