Need a left side battery tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can weld or have a buddy that can, just cut the support leg off, move it to the other side and weld it back on. Thats what I ended up doing on mine and it fits perfectly. no cost. maybe an hour of time.

MattNJ

Reaction score
Hey Hobbs, i just "started a conversation" with you about battery trays. I have a huge frame off full resto & customization of a 96 k1500 almost finished and we need a driver side batt tray. Hoping you can help. Thanks a lot.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I needed a battery tray for my '68 'Camino, GM was still selling them. Same for Father-In-Law's '77 Firebird.

I won't promise that GM still has battery trays for GMT400s, but it's worth a 'phone call to your local dealership.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Somebody had one for sale a few weeks ago. I was tempted to grab it, until I remembered I already put a storage box there, which is super handy, and lighter weight than a second lead/acid battery that I don't really need.