My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the record, that tool worked great. Popped the lines right off with no destruction, it's just thin enough to sneak itself past the molded rib that makes things difficult. As suspected, the line coming off the pump did fail. Amazing that the truck ran at all, it had turned into a hard starting ***** for a good month and I was beginning to suspect the fuel pressure regulator.

You must be registered for see images attach

I somehow managed to shoehorn this ghetto rigged mess back into the tank and it's alive again.

You must be registered for see images attach

I drilled the hole so I could shove the screwdriver through to tighten the clamp on the pump. Left a big old loop so it wouldn't kink when it got compressed down into the tank. My only concern is that the mass of the hose may fatigue the upper fitting, the pump itself seems to have a good bit of compliance so that fitting probably won't ever fail.

It looks like you used a good hose clamp up top, so hopefully yours is good to go. To anyone else that replaces the factory line with a rubber hose, cheap clamps only cause headache.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure, but if the inside of the hose is good to touch fuel what would make the rest any different?
There is actually a big difference. If it is not rated for immersion it will swell up 2-3x its normal size and burst. Had that happen years ago when I removed the GM rubber isolator on the G-van when I put the TPI pump in to run the TPI. It split open a few months later and that TPI somehow ran or more like idled home on 24 psi fuel pressure.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found out the submersion rated hose difference the hard way too. Between that and the ****** hose clamps i dropped the tank a lot in a short order. The non rated hose will work for a little while, but it will fail.