My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They definitely are not infallible. A few years ago I had a new car with 6700 miles on it that left me stranded in the middle of the desert. I was not a happy camper! It happens, as long as it doesn't happen often. About 50 miles after I rebuilt my engine I was sitting on the side of the road at 4am. Pinched wire shorted out and fried the crank sensor. It's run flawlessly since I figured that one out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't see it being anything serious, it acted like it suddenly lost fuel, spark, or both. It was instant and the motor still turns over fine.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or the line blew up between the pump and the basket. I have spark and the fuel pump runs, but when you push the schraeder valve there's absolutely nothing. I need to order the correct fuel line tool specifically for these GM senders as I need to be able to reuse this one. Then I can drop the tank, replace that flex line with a rubber loop, and shove it back together. I want the dually hidden from hail ASAP.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or the line blew up between the pump and the basket. I have spark and the fuel pump runs, but when you push the schraeder valve there's absolutely nothing. I need to order the correct fuel line tool specifically for these GM senders as I need to be able to reuse this one. Then I can drop the tank, replace that flex line with a rubber loop, and shove it back together. I want the dually hidden from hail ASAP.

There's a tool for that? Link?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For the record, that tool worked great. Popped the lines right off with no destruction, it's just thin enough to sneak itself past the molded rib that makes things difficult. As suspected, the line coming off the pump did fail. Amazing that the truck ran at all, it had turned into a hard starting ***** for a good month and I was beginning to suspect the fuel pressure regulator.

You must be registered for see images attach

I somehow managed to shoehorn this ghetto rigged mess back into the tank and it's alive again.

You must be registered for see images attach

I drilled the hole so I could shove the screwdriver through to tighten the clamp on the pump. Left a big old loop so it wouldn't kink when it got compressed down into the tank. My only concern is that the mass of the hose may fatigue the upper fitting, the pump itself seems to have a good bit of compliance so that fitting probably won't ever fail.