My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't get it hot enough the first time, so I got the 2nd one hotter and it began to stink so I took the gun off and shoved it right on there. Reheated the 1st until it stunk and got it fully seated.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wipers have been intermittent, and not in the way GM intended. They wouldn't work, but I could hear a sound so I figured the switch was working. I got out the schematic and found that all the brains are inside the motor assembly, so I whacked the motor and it started working. Not wanting to do this every time it rained, I went to Napa and got a new motor. There's one more annoying thing fixed. Next I replaced a couple of burned out LEDs and realized I need more for the HVAC panel. I did LEDs in the door window switches this time, missed it when I did the LEDs years ago. Anyone know what's required to stick an LED in the mirror switch? I'm betting it involves a soldering gun. Also pulled the plastic cover back and finally found the source of my steering slop. That rag joint is HAMMERED! Time for a universal.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wipers have been intermittent, and not in the way GM intended. They wouldn't work, but I could hear a sound so I figured the switch was working. I got out the schematic and found that all the brains are inside the motor assembly, so I whacked the motor and it started working. Not wanting to do this every time it rained, I went to Napa and got a new motor. There's one more annoying thing fixed. Next I replaced a couple of burned out LEDs and realized I need more for the HVAC panel. I did LEDs in the door window switches this time, missed it when I did the LEDs years ago. Anyone know what's required to stick an LED in the mirror switch? I'm betting it involves a soldering gun. Also pulled the plastic cover back and finally found the source of my steering slop. That rag joint is HAMMERED! Time for a universal.
I hate to burst your bubble but 99% of the time it is just the pulse board in the wiper motor. Usually all you have to do is pull it out and Reflow the solder.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So the dually wipers recently decided to not work. I got out and whacked the motor and they're fine again. Long term I think I'll take the cheap route on it.

Hit the pull and pay today and snagged a master cylinder with reservoir from a 2500 8 lug, so all I need to complete the hydroboost parts pile is a return line from the HB to the PS pump that I'll just order nee. Gonna be a month or 2 before I find the time to do this, but man am I stoked to get it done!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
" 99% of the time it is just the pulse board in the wiper motor. Usually all you have to do is pull it out and Reflow the solder."

worked for me on the 1997, one of the perks having old trucks. :)

recently test drove truck with hydro boosted brakes, absolutely way better. Wonder what the hp count is for the great braking?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How many solder joints are there on the board? I'm no stranger to soldering.

I have hydroboost on my dually and dad had it on a 2500 RCLB. It's night and day different, I can't wait to have this thing act more like an HD.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So last September I wasn't really happy with the mish mash 5+1 leaf pack I put together. It didn't have all of the spacer plates and plastic slider dealies at the ends of each leaf, so I knew half of it was aftermarket. Or maybe just plain hammered, because it didn't have the arch that the outgoing 4+1 had. My truck has been a little lower simce then and that's not cool. The remedy? The insanely clean 1998 2500 leaf packs I just liberated from the junkyard. If the height stays the same I'll block the rear, at least now I can have a known good reference point.