My Dream Truck.....in scale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Opening up an old wound for me! Woman made me toss a bunch of model kits I had stashed away after we got married. Had nice 454ss and 32 ford kits waiting to be done. A least I still have my 91Sierra ST in the garage, told her it was there before we got married, and there after she's gone. I enjoyed my evening on the couch!!!
You definitely have some skills and patience for your models. Good job, keep up the battle, been there done that.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Opening up an old wound for me! Woman made me toss a bunch of model kits I had stashed away after we got married. Had nice 454ss and 32 ford kits waiting to be done. A least I still have my 91Sierra ST in the garage, told her it was there before we got married, and there after she's gone. I enjoyed my evening on the couch!!!
You definitely have some skills and patience for your models. Good job, keep up the battle, been there done that.
Mine's been after me to thin the stash some more (which I've already done .....twice) but the ones that I've got remaining are "holy grail" kits that wont be leaving anytime soon (meaning in my lifetime). Some of the kits that I've got are crazy expensive. Ever price out a Jo-Han Ford Maverick kit these days?? Try 300 bucks on for size. I've got two that were given to me by a close friend.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't got the patience or the fine motor skills to put those kits together. RC stuff is as detailed as I get.
Glad to see y'alls skills though. Very impressive.
RC is definitely cool that's for dang sure. Most everybody has something that relaxes them in some way and modeling (in addition to building 1:1 scale stuff) has a way of doing just that for me. I spend on average, about 1 hour a day building. My current project is a fastback version of a 1967 Mustang Coupe that I owned a little over 20 years ago. I've got most of it done except for finishing up the body but the engine and interior work is my favorite parts of building any scale auto

The fast back engine...

You must be registered for see images attach

and interior: (those are individual steel rivets that I inserted into holes I drilled into the steering wheel ring)

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RC is definitely cool that's for dang sure. Most everybody has something that relaxes them in some way and modeling (in addition to building 1:1 scale stuff) has a way of doing just that for me. I spend on average, about 1 hour a day building. My current project is a fastback version of a 1967 Mustang Coupe that I owned a little over 20 years ago. I've got most of it done except for finishing up the body but the engine and interior work is my favorite parts of building any scale auto

The fast back engine...

and interior: (those are individual steel rivets that I inserted into holes I drilled into the steering wheel ring)

That reminds me of my favorite movies, Ronin. One of the characters makes little Japanese samurai models with that type of detail.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That reminds me of my favorite movies, Ronin. One of the characters makes little Japanese samurai models with that type of detail.
I remember that. lol. Dude built himself a cool diorama. I'd love to paint figures with the level of realism that I see some folks do. I'm comfortable building military aircraft to some level of realism but figures are a whole 'nuther area for me.

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't seen a kit of a 314 yet but I've seen several of the Impala SS kits. Is the Impala AMT or Revell?
67 Impala is AMT-very good model with clear lenses and even clear glass on the gauges. One of the best AMTs I've come across-and I did have a massive collection before I started selling out. Still have some gems that need to go if anybody's interested.