My Dream Truck.....in scale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo. It took me the better part of 3 years to get consistent results with a decent gloss coat.
Get a clear coat. I spray every model but often I go matt-even for solid,non metalic colors and clear coat em. Unless I come across great gloss paint then I don't bother but i.e. that nascar truck I'd go with clear to secure these decals.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a clear coat. I spray every model but often I go matt-even for solid,non metalic colors and clear coat em. Unless I come across great gloss paint then I don't bother but i.e. that nascar truck I'd go with clear to secure these decals.
I found all this out the hard way. lol. After obtaining the winning method I lined up several car bodies, prepped 'em, primered 'em and practiced....over and over again. And to seal the deal in place I built nothing but black cars and trucks (one of which is at the start of this thread) as black is one of the most difficult colors to get right.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree on black but I think white id even harder-you can't clear coat it as it will cone out yellowish and to find nice shade is hard too. So yeah-white sucks lol
I haven't painted a car in an all white scheme but did manage to paint one in a partial white format.

Started with the idea from the 80's Street Demons 41 Willys. I built this car when I was a kid as a gasser and then a couple of years ago wanted another shot at it. Managed to get a pro street version of a Willys and using the decal and paint scheme idea from the 80's version , came up with my own take on the car.

The original kit that I drew the idea from the kit on the right and used the much newer kit on the left to make everything happen:

You must be registered for see images attach

to end up with this: (and I cleared the white). I call her the "Demon II"

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd argue that the 356 was the first attempt, then the 914, then the 924/944...
Yeah, when it comes to VW and Porsche, their history is so intertwined that there really is no "first collaboration" between the two. They've always been very closely related. Even during Dieselgate Porsche got hit with many of the same investigations that VW did.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's because they use same engines as Porsche is owned by ***. Audi,Skoda,Seat,Bentley,Lamborghini same. Plus a number of companies bought their engines-even Mitsubishi and Jeep used these horrible 2l diesels.
Yeah, when it comes to VW and Porsche, their history is so intertwined that there really is no "first collaboration" between the two. They've always been very closely related. Even during Dieselgate Porsche got hit with many of the same investigations that VW did.