My Dream Truck.....in scale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok.....I didn't know where else to put this but thought I'd post 'er up here. This is in my intro post but figured I'd put it out here in the open and see what happens. I have been building scale models for over 40 years now. Growing up in the small town of Bowie, Texas there just wasn't a whole lot to do as a kid. Dad has owned his own business now for 50 years and taking off of work to go out of town or for short trips was out of the question so.....I picked up plastic modeling as a kid. I strayed from it while I was in the military and for some time after I got out. Later on in life I recovered from alcoholism and needed something to fill the void since I no longer made room for drinks.....so .....I picked up modeling again 12 years ago. I started off with my favorite subjects which are WWII aircraft and then migrated back to scale auto modeling and sought to be as good at building these little miniatures as I was at drinking. I became a member of several different scale modeling forums where over the years I continued to improve my skills and eventually felt good enough about my work to start entering them in contests. I was blown away when at my first contest I took home two first place awards and then a Best Auto in Show award. Wow!! It was a good feeling to have something to show for my time finally. lol. With all that being shared I figured I'd put a relevant build of mine here on this forum.....

These trucks have always been an interest of mine as they were a sleek looking truck with an out with an "in your face" and bold appearance. Although not fast by any means with 230 horsepower, they were aggressive looking, were among the fastest O.E.M. trucks out there at the time and they set the stage for the muscle trucks that followed in the years to come.

This is my AMT 454SS Silverado. Built as a "Day 2" build with aftermarket wheels and tires, it took me around 5 months to complete this one with most of the challenges being paint and the ending assembly of installing the body onto the frame. With a few pitfalls to work around it was a good kit to work with overall.

The Kit:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi-great job-I build models too and I won a contest once-with AMT 67 Impala SS. Tho I've decided to give up on cars and trucks and focused on post war military vehicles now. But I still have some cars I want to build. An exaple of my insanity in pictures lol

Attachments

• 20181205_164052.jpg
    20181205_164052.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181205_164126.jpg
    20181205_164126.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20181205_164033.jpg
    20181205_164033.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good on you for your sobriety, and thanks for sharing the model. It's super cool.
Thanks 618. Not alot of folks can but I managed to break free.

That is some amazing detail work there!
Thanks 88!

How’s it run? :rotflmao: Very realistic!

Hi-great job-I build models too and I won a contest once-with AMT 67 Impala SS. Tho I've decided to give up on cars and trucks and focused on post war military vehicles now. But I still have some cars I want to build. An exaple of my insanity in pictures lol
Thanks Dariusz! Man....you're one busy guy at the modeling bench. WOW!!
LOL. Thanks Caman.

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes. nice that you sober. I can relate to that. nice model truck. I was thinking of that old school tire configuration just like that on mine. its a 5.7 but I love that look of fat tire in back. makes me feel young. and bring memory back. big time. before I seen this on her , was window shopping for tires. 275/60/15 in back 225/75/15 in front what s anyones opinion on this??? I can take a punch. lol

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes. nice that you sober. I can relate to that. nice model truck. I was thinking of that old school tire configuration just like that on mine. its a 5.7 but I love that look of fat tire in back. makes me feel young. and bring memory back. big time. before I seen this on her , was window shopping for tires. 275/60/15 in back 225/75/15 in front what s anyones opinion on this??? I can take a punch. lol
ps. just purchased this blue truck a couple months ago. tires would go directly on that ext cab shorty on my profile