My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure, after I get break-in miles on the Engine, Trans and clutch.
I would suggest thoroughly reading the information here:

I'm in the process of replacing cam (flat tappet) and Hydraulic lifters..... he's got me almost 100% convinced, from both his unbiased independent testing and the testimonials of people who have followed his advice, that I don't think I'm gonna do a break in OR use any zinc additive EVER.....

I think it's well worth considering......IMHO

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Back on the interest in this truck, again.... for now.

Changing mufflers and having tailpipes ran next Tuesday. Before that, it has an alignment appointment on Monday.

Also, got tired of fiddling with this part and that part, trying to work with the absolute junk accessory bracket that Boost District included with the blower kit. Went ahead and bit the bullet, spent the $500+ on an ICT frontend drive setup. That way I can get the AC back on the truck and charged. As it's Kansas and 90* days are not too far away.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Back on the interest in this truck, again.... for now.

Changing mufflers and having tailpipes ran next Tuesday. Before that, it has an alignment appointment on Monday.

Also, got tired of fiddling with this part and that part, trying to work with the absolute junk accessory bracket that Boost District included with the blower kit. Went ahead and bit the bullet, spent the $500+ on an ICT frontend drive setup. That way I can get the AC back on the truck and charged. As it's Kansas and 90* days are not too far away.

We're already having 90° days in Houston, Texas area so I definitely get you on the AC! Enjoying it in the crew cab(one of many reasons why I bought this truck!).

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I've had really good luck with the ICT 7176 Compressor bracket on my Z28. They are an awesome company, top notch service, I use a lot of their stuff in my builds.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
We're already having 90° days in Houston, Texas area so I definitely get you on the AC! Enjoying it in the crew cab(one of many reasons why I bought this truck!).

I was down in Christine Texas, about an hour from Corpus Christi for a week working on a power plant. I know it was 100* on Thursday. That's what got me in gear on the AC.

I've had really good luck with the ICT 7176 Compressor bracket on my Z28. They are an awesome company, top notch service, I use a lot of their stuff in my builds.

I actually have a brand new ICT high mount 7176 bracket, I just already have an R4 compressor and line set on the truck. So hard to justify the big change.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Okay, next step in my mental deficiency in regards to this truck. Finally pulled the trigger on Torque Thrust II's! I've been wanting to order a set for a long time.

20x8 Front
20x10 Rear

245/40/20 Front
275/40/20 Rear