Murray Replacement Radiator From Oreilly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using a Murray replacement radiator from O'Reilly's Auto Parts?
I put one in about 6 or 7 years ago and i only had two problems.
They didnt have it in stock and the one they shipped in was crushed in transit.
The box looked okay but all of the fins were bent flat.
Have them open the box and look it over very well before you pay for it.
Pull the plastic shipping plugs out and look for any obvious metal chunks, plastic chunks bad threads...whatever
Keep those plastic plugs too. They are the very thing you need if you decide to do an oil cooler delete.

I bought replacement O rings for the cooler lines and they took a couple of days to swell up and seal properly.
So, keep an eye on them. Dont over torque them, just tighten them up a little bit over time .
Other than that It does its job and hasnt leaked a drop

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put one in about 6 or 7 years ago and i only had two problems.
They didnt have it in stock and the one they shipped in was crushed in transit.
The box looked okay but all of the fins were bent flat.
Have them open the box and look it over very well before you pay for it.
Pull the plastic shipping plugs out and look for any obvious metal chunks, plastic chunks bad threads...whatever
Keep those plastic plugs too. They are the very thing you need if you decide to do an oil cooler delete.

I bought replacement O rings for the cooler lines and they took a couple of days to swell up and seal properly.
So, keep an eye on them. Dont over torque them, just tighten them up a little bit over time .
Other than that It does its job and hasnt leaked a drop
Thank you for the advice.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used one and ended up having to swap out the trans cooler line fittings because the ones supplied kept leaking and the the lines were not a direct fit for the radiator.