Mopar / Magnetti Marelli spider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devon 11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The right bracket? Or the right injector. When I replaced mine it was super simple. Unconnected bracket from main body of unit than put new one back in

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Magneti like Lukas or Delphi is a company that does all sorts of parts which shows i.e.in modern cars-nearly all of them use Valeo radiators-so no wonder Magneti jumped on band wagon. I always buy brembo brake pads for my wife's volvo even tho original weren't.

Ugly Duck

Reaction score
Well I finally got the thing in - I had some other issues to deal with like a leaky intake manifold gasket, and I can't believe how cruddy that lower intake was & how long it took to clean it - and the truck fired right up afterwards. The bracket was indeed correct for the unit (no idea why people say they're not interchangeable) and it went together with no issues. There are no GM or Delphi markings on it, no real markings at all on it other than the cylinder numbers, so I'm not sure about the provenance or quality. We'll see. For now it runs well, but a lot of my running problems WERE from that leaky gasket and often-fouled #3 plug. My plugs were all over the place - some rather white, some rather black - so there could have been imbalances from the old injectors but none of the tips were caked with anything, so IDK.

Any troubles and I'll report back.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally got the thing in - I had some other issues to deal with like a leaky intake manifold gasket, and I can't believe how cruddy that lower intake was & how long it took to clean it - and the truck fired right up afterwards. The bracket was indeed correct for the unit (no idea why people say they're not interchangeable) and it went together with no issues. There are no GM or Delphi markings on it, no real markings at all on it other than the cylinder numbers, so I'm not sure about the provenance or quality. We'll see. For now it runs well, but a lot of my running problems WERE from that leaky gasket and often-fouled #3 plug. My plugs were all over the place - some rather white, some rather black - so there could have been imbalances from the old injectors but none of the tips were caked with anything, so IDK.

Any troubles and I'll report back.

You will end up with a vacuum leak with the old bracket. Maybe not at first but eventually. The spider snaps snaps in higher up on the new one.

That EGR crud is nasty. I dipped the whole intake in simple green and water. Very minimal cleanup. This intake had 50K of run time in my Tahoe. Top end clean before every oil change.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ugly Duck

Reaction score
Yours looks nice. Mine was naaasty. The valley between the EGR and PCV ports held about a 1/4" thick film of goo.

Simple Green did do the trick, though.

As far as the bracket, looking at before/after pix mine came up to the same height as my old one. I looked at the two distribution housings and the clips were in exactly the same location as one another. Possibly some versions had different locations requiring different clips, but it seems like this one (at least) doesn't. I lubed up my o-ring and it took a bit of pulling to get the unit all the way up in the upper manifold, but it came.

I was getting ready to buy a bracket before I pulled the whole thing apart but when Devon 11 said his snapped in, I took a chance.