Any tips on getting the spider connector to seat into the upper intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stikxs

Reaction score
Replaced my spider injector today, but after many hours and much cursing it still will not rise up into the upper intake. I've coated both parts with some new oil as mentioned in the instruction sheet, and I went over the intake beforehand with some paper towels and engine degreaser to clean up the walls of the intake to make it as smooth as possible, knowing this was going to be a pita.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
They normally do take quite a bit of pressure to seat down, but idk how hard you've tried, someone will be along soon to help ya Good luck

EJ_74

Reaction score
Yes start with plenty of lubrication. Make sure you set the intake flat and straight on top of the spider. Rock it front to back and side to side while pushing down. With throttle body removed you may be able to reach through the hole to put some upward pressure on the spider while pressing the intake down.

If it's really stubborn... I've seen some people grab the wall of the electrical connector with pliers and put a screwdriver under the fuel line retainer to gently help pull it up. Would want to avoid that if possible but I have done it before (VERY CAREFULLY!)

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use "Super Lube" instead of oil. It is a silicone lube and it works great. I screw the 2 nuts that retain the "bowtie" shaped fuel line retainer down until they are flush with the top of the studs and I put anything on top of the upper intake to use as a fulcrum to pry up on those 2 nuts. If that doesn't work then I take 2 vice grips (not needle nose) and leave just every room for a screwdriver to fit between the vice grip and the upper intake and I pry up on both vice grips at the same time.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Was so frustrated with mine I gave up the idea of using the new gasket and went ahead and installed the old gasket on the new spider.

Think I came pretty close to pulling the studs out of the new spider while trying to pull it up into the cover, that's when I gave up / went ahead and installed it with the old (thankfully reusable) gasket.

Definitely went on easier that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You must be registered for see images attach

And I still considered the opearation a success.

Last edited: