0411 swap + boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
With your stated goals, turbo LS is definitely the easy button. If you want turbo 350 and keep it cheap gonna need to lower the bar.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant find my dyno graphs from back in the day but my 6.0 put down around 475ftlb tq under 2500 rpms in 2nd gear with TC locked.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From everything I've read, that's not an issue with port injection. Single plane intakes dominate everywhere with port fueling.

Carburetors and throttle body injection prefer dual plane intakes at the low end.
I agree. Port injection should have crisp response regardless of intake manifold runner length. I'm thinking more along the lines of when the torque peak occurs naturally aspirated. A short runner intake will make peak torque later in the curve vs a long runner intake. For this application I want the torque peak earlier in the usable rpm range.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your stated goals, turbo LS is definitely the easy button. If you want turbo 350 and keep it cheap gonna need to lower the bar.
An LS would meet the power goals for this build easier than a Gen 1, no question about it. This isn't cheap and I'm not staying with the Gen 1 because I think it's cheaper. I can transfer the terminator x max from a gen 1 configuration to control an LS if I decide to go that route.
I've wanted a turbo small block for a long time and last week I decided I'm finally going to do this. I've been collecting parts for this build literally for years. The time to start the project never seems to reveal itself and I'm tired of waiting. I'm just going to get started and juggle everything else in life until it's done.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
An LS would meet the power goals for this build easier than a Gen 1, no question about it. This isn't cheap and I'm not staying with the Gen 1 because I think it's cheaper. I can transfer the terminator x max from a gen 1 configuration to control an LS if I decide to go that route.
I've wanted a turbo small block for a long time and last week I decided I'm finally going to do this. I've been collecting parts for this build literally for years. The time to start the project never seems to reveal itself and I'm tired of waiting. I'm just going to get started and juggle everything else in life until it's done.

If you're willing to forge a rotating assembly then there's no reason you can't boost your way to your goal. I'll make the assumption that, since you already have a square body within striking distance of your goal, that you have the stomach for the money required, time, and asspain for such a build. I personally am getting the itch to turbo my supercharged dually. There are limitations and frustrations I endure with the stock PCM and its ability to deal with boost. The Holley would definitely be easier to tune ifbl that's something you can swing.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Holley would definitely be easier to tune ifbl that's something you can swing.
Thank you.
This entire thread has been helpful and I'm just about settled on the the Holley Terminator x max. I'm not sure yet if I want to use port injection or the stealth max throttle body.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Port injection every time.
The stealth and their sniper units are terrible. The failure rate is crazy with them.