Help with 0411 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, what all exactly do I need to have tuned out on the 0411? I know the basic stuff like no VATS but is there anything else that I need to be aware of when I have it tuned?

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Also, what all exactly do I need to have tuned out on the 0411? I know the basic stuff like no VATS but is there anything else that I need to be aware of when I have it tuned?
yes there is have the speed limiter removed tell the tuner your gear ratio tire size

if you do not have to pass emissions get the egr evap and rear o2s tuned out

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright I knew about the 2 rear O2s because where I got my exhaust done at told me to have them tuned out and that's when I realized you can't tune 96-97 with HPtuners.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright thanks. if it isn't strictly required would it mess anything up with the computer, motor, or tranny at all?
There are certain functions where the PCM needs to know you are in P/N. Namely the CASE learn procedure and some other ones. So if you aren't going to actually wire the correct wires, you need to wire two pins to ground so that it just always thinks you are in P/N. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I think my lextech spreadsheet had that called out in the notes on the top.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I printed mine put yesterday it just says that,

"Not all tuning software has the parameter that allows the Trans Range Switch wiring to NOT be needed. If your software doesn't have this parameter then you will need to splice into the 4 Trans Range Switch wires. Those wires can be accessed at the 4 pin plug on the Trans Range Switch or behind the Instrument Cluster. You will splice into them and run them to the PCM."

The tuner that's tuning it is using HPtuners so I don't know if he has the "parameter" to do that or not. I read that and was just a little confused. Mine also doesn't say anything about grounding them anywhere just splicing into them if the tuning software being used can't "delete" them I guess? I don't know I'm only 16 lol.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are certain functions where the PCM needs to know you are in P/N. Namely the CASE learn procedure and some other ones. So if you aren't going to actually wire the correct wires, you need to wire two pins to ground so that it just always thinks you are in P/N. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I think my lextech spreadsheet had that called out in the notes on the top.

If it has a 4L60E or 4L80E and you select, No Switch in HP Tuners, the PCM gets that data from the manifold pressure switch on the valve body. My 0411 and P59 have both been setup that way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it has a 4L60E or 4L80E and you select, No Switch in HP Tuners, the PCM gets that data from the manifold pressure switch on the valve body. My 0411 and P59 have both been setup that way.

EFILive uses a cax file to change that stuff, but IIRC there are 3 options to choose from. Same deal though, click that button and skip those 4 wires.