Marine Intake Swap with a Twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've got two manifolds in this thread...
Both are the same lower manifolds. Just have different plenums. There are two different upper plenum designs for it. Both are Indimar Marine manifolds just different year models.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd skip the chrome and try vapor blasting. f you're not familiar with it, it's a super fine wet abrasive and is supposed to be fairly corrosion resistant.
I am planning of Mercury marine black paint to make it hide in the engine compartment as much as possible. Possibly LT4 intake red. Just cannot decide which.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the new fuel rail design for that manifold. Clears a vortec distributor but not sure about a GMT400 firewall. I have more room though in the Express van and will slap a quick connect to AN adapter and an AN 90* fitting on it.

Michigan Motorz sells this rail and its stainless so it will be E85 compatible.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just hope a 1991 Caprice thermostat housing fits it and allows me to keep my stock upper radiator hose routing.

I already have the compressor bracket modified and the compressor mounted on a 1/4" piece of plate steel to move it out and up for tall valve cover clerance.