Marine Intake Swap with a Twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked this up today to replace my standard L31 Marine intake with.

Will be sending it to Lloyd Elliot to have it ported to match the Assault Racing heads he did for me.

It is missing the fuel rail but I can get that through Michigan Motorz fairly inexpensively. Runs a returnless rail so I will need the Vette filter.

The TB is a LT1 throttle body. Summit 58mm it is.

Finally the plenum cover that is missing is a TPI Vette aluminum cover.

It produces a very flat torque curve from the Indimar 5.7 MCX dyno I have seen. 350 HP from a factory L31 with a LT1 F-Car cam, this intake and high flow marine manifolds.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. It looks like the vortec got a nicer intake for marine use. Than they did for truck use.
They certainly did. The later version of that intake has a GM 90mm DBW throttle body and a very cool looking rib design on the top. Would really make some people scratch there head until they notice its a small block.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Street and Performance used to sell these all chromed out too.

This is what they look like all dressed out with the TPI plenum extension on the back, fuel rail (old return style) and a LT1 throttle body.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'd skip the chrome and try vapor blasting. f you're not familiar with it, it's a super fine wet abrasive and is supposed to be fairly corrosion resistant.