looking for a little bit of help choosing subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isenegger

Reaction score
ok i have narrowed to down to the 2 sub choices. i will be building a sealed box for my crewcab. 2 subs will be sharing a common chamber. i will build the box to spec once i choose which subs. they will be powered by an older model rockford fosgate bd1000 amp at 2 ohms.

i have narrowed to down to

Alpine type r 8" SWR-843D: 350/1000w $90 ea
RE Audio RFX 8" RFX8D4 190w $50 ea

i have used a pair of alpine type R 10" subs in the past with this amp and they slammed. also ran 4x kicker cvr 10" subs and was loud as well. im leaning towards the alpines.. i just wanted to get some feedback before i order. thanks!

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had 4 kicker cvrs 12s in a sealed box it slammed in a tahoe but ive had one 12 alpine r type in a camaro and the alpine sound quality is amazing to me the bass response is unbelieveable just my .02 cent

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a couple alpine type e 12s and they beat well, but it may have been i was young and dumb and didnt break them in long enough but mine blew the soldered wires on the cone, i had no idea so i had a dude look at em and he didnt know how to solder, so i gave them away and bought a couple kicker comp 12s and to this day they hit just as good as when i first got em, when i have money ill get an underseat box with 2 Sundown audio SD2 10s and the SAZ1500D amp

good reviews on sundown, i asked what could i get that will be louder then what i have, reasonably priced, and will outbeat all these HS kids rolling throught the neighborhood beating their trunks off

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would choose the alpine type r's. I have alpine type r 10" and i would never buy anything else.