Looking for a HP performance Trans 4l60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many different ways of wrong can you install a converter? Either they are in and fully seated or they are not. Blame the installer and deny responsibility for the build? That line may have worked with your customers but it is exactly what I meant by promising **** you can't deliver.
Apparently you’re totally clueless. It’s easy to install a converter where the pump isn’t engaged and when you crank it the converter breaks the pump. I’ve seen it several times. There’s one in every bunch. I’m not a transmission shop and I don’t even offer warranties. I’m an individual. Why do you care anyway? The transmission has been sold locally and I helped with the installation. It works perfectly.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Apparently you’re totally clueless. It’s easy to install a converter where the pump isn’t engaged and when you crank it the converter breaks the pump. I’ve seen it several times. There’s one in every bunch. I’m not a transmission shop and I don’t even offer warranties. I’m an individual. Why do you care anyway? The transmission has been sold locally and I helped with the installation. It works perfectly.

Yes, there's one in every bunch for sure. If you were that worried about someone jacking the install no point in offering. You handled it the best way you could and would have undoubtedly helped with the un-install if it didn't work. I'm not the clueless one. This isn't a for sale thread and the Op isn't looking for a used transmission.

Congrats on the sale.

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I broke the 4L65E in my SS at around 120K, so at least in this one example, under the LQ9 it didn't have much better lifespan than a 4L60E behind a TBI 5.7. If I manage to break it again before it can clock at least 50K more miles, I'm going 4L80E. When it broke, I was broke, so it wasn't an option to convert at the time.

Sure as hell hoping the one in my wife's truck lasts longer, not looking forward to another rebuild bill anytime soon.

If someone is just dead set on sticking with that form factor then the 4L70E "Supermatic" from GMPP might be the way to go. Supposedly good for 495 lb/ft of torque. That's GM's claim, not some rebuilder's. "The 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission features five-pinion gearsets, heat-treated stator shaft splines, induction-hardened turbine shaft, seven-plate clutch and specific valve-body calibration." Cost you about $3800......... :eek:

There was some discussion on PT about it, in one of the massive threads where someone had spent megabucks building their 4L60E over and over just to have it keep blowing up (sound familiar?) ...

Richard

Sorry, I just double read your post..."When it broke, I was broke...." LOL. Too funny! Isn't that always the case?

I can see guys spending big bucks on their "4L60 Stage Quinceñera" coming to defend them. Otherwise you can't justify spending big money, especially when the "other" guy just gets an 80 from the junkyard for $500. I followed a link PT.net on how to remove a 4L60 on my Silverado 1500 recently. The guy said it was like his 4th removal or something like that! Said he was getting good at it now, LOL. Said he was going to a XYZ stage now, but I can't remember the number. Unbelievable.

Anyways, we never heard from the OP...Didn't the shop take a look at this transmission like 3 weeks ago or something?