Source for 95+ 4l60e 7 piece shift solenoid kit that’s Ac delco LEGIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m looking for a go to source to pick up a 4L60e shift solenoid kit. The real deal…by that I mean what the people’s
Here have tried and Believe to be good parts.
All Ac Delco replacements for a 99 4L60e 2wd . PWM Solenoid. A Shift Solenoid. B Shift Solenoid. 3-2 Downshift Solenoid and the TCC Solenoid w/Harness. Standard 7piece kit .

I’ve heard of horror stories about listings for ac Delco solenoids 200-300$ kits with the oem boxes but the solenoids are all generic .

This is Mostly eBay vendors . Any leads where I could order direct from a reputable source/business .

And by the way how can you tell on these parts the manufacturer by looking at them ?? I’ve heard Bosch solenoids are stamped , but in this case Ac delco would be the best bet for replacements .

I see 90$ kits and 250$ kits so…

Last edited:

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for a go to source to pick up a 4L60e shift solenoid kit. The real deal…by that I mean what the people’s
Here have tried and Believe to be good parts.
All Ac Delco replacements for a 99 4L60e 2wd . PWM Solenoid. A Shift Solenoid. B Shift Solenoid. 3-2 Downshift Solenoid and the TCC Solenoid w/Harness. Standard 7piece kit .

I’ve heard of horror stories about listings for ac Delco solenoids 200-300$ kits with the oem boxes but the solenoids are all generic .

This is Mostly eBay vendors . Any leads where I could order direct from a reputable source/business .

And by the way how can you tell on these parts the manufacturer by looking at them ?? I’ve heard Bosch solenoids are stamped , but in this case Ac delco would be the best bet for replacements .

I see 90$ kits and 250$ kits so…
You can buy AC Delco shift solenoids A & B, pressure switch manifold and BW electronic pressure control (EPC) solenoid from your local hard part supplier or Transtar distibutor. For 2003+ 4L60Es the EPC is made by Bosch...Your 3-2 sol, PWM sol, and harness/tcc apply solenoid, Rostra is what we all use now and they are also available from b&m transmission parts suppliers. Delphi was the OEM for the harness however, I'm not sure they'r even avail new anymore (you can contact the parts dept at your local GM dealer to confirm/deny).

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy AC Delco shift solenoids A & B, pressure switch manifold and BW electronic pressure control (EPC) solenoid from your local hard part supplier or Transtar distibutor. For 2003+ 4L60Es the EPC is made by Bosch...Your 3-2 sol, PWM sol, and harness/tcc apply solenoid, Rostra is what we all use now and they are also available from b&m transmission parts suppliers. Delphi was the OEM for the harness however, I'm not sure they'r even avail new anymore (you can contact the parts dept at your local GM dealer to confirm/deny).
So stay local another words buy in person see visually what I’m getting / avoid eBay vendors is kind of what I was cluing into .
I just want new and the good stuff.. People anymore pass off generic stuff carefree .
I did my 94 with all new shift solenoids they were eBays also and it was night and day fix on the hard shift , never had a issue for the next 30k miles before I sold it …but I don’t remember the vendor and don’t wanna risk getting junk online .

I’ll Check into your recommendation

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So stay local another words buy in person see visually what I’m getting / avoid eBay vendors is kind of what I was cluing into .
I just want new and the good stuff.. People anymore pass off generic stuff carefree .
I did my 94 with all new shift solenoids they were eBays also and it was night and day fix on the hard shift , never had a issue for the next 30k miles before I sold it …but I don’t remember the vendor and don’t wanna risk getting junk online .

I’ll Check into your recommendation
Yep...There's a few eBay vendors i regularly buy hard parts from but when it comes to electronics/electrical components i either buy from my transmission parts supply house or the dealership.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would I be at any benefit besides
((cost wise)) to rock auto the entire solenoid and switch parts

When you say hard parts dealer ? You mean as in a Napa or something.
Or go into a Chevy dealer and pay a huge up charge cost for these parts

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I be at any benefit besides
((cost wise)) to rock auto the entire solenoid and switch parts

When you say hard parts dealer ? You mean as in a Napa or something.
Or go into a Chevy dealer and pay a huge up charge cost for these parts
No, unless AC Delco and/or Rostra is available via Rock Auto. Hard parts supplier = transmission-specific parts dealer; basically the exact opposite of a Napa or Autozone, which are all general auto parts stores and only carry a few transmission-specific things for a given year/make/model vehicle.

Remember, you're not trying to find the lowest bidder. You're trying to buy parts that will wrok and last. So unless the parts are 100% guaranteed to be either OEM AC Delco, Delphi, Bosch, Borg Warner or Rostra, buy from places that are know to sell those. If Rock Auto is one such place, you're good to go. If not, look elsewhere.

The alternative is to buy everything at the dealer, if they still stock stuff for units that old. I buy all late model transmission electronics from dealers since I know it's OEM and there's no question as to where i sourced whatever electrical/electronic parts I installed into the trans.