Liland Global Radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Has anyone ran this brand radiator before? It's an all aluminum one, and after my radiator decided to crap out on me after the truck not running for three months I'm looking to replace this radiator and (hopefully) never worry about it again.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally these cheap all aluminum radiators freak me out a little. I think I'd be more comfortable with a decent plastic tank model, or save up and get a nicer all aluminum one. The Liland Globals came up recently in another thread here and someone who had one reported that they were not great quality.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
It's in my truck now and is holding coolant fine. The truck hasn't been ran any longer than 20 minutes yet. Air flows through well and hasn't come anywhere close to overheating. I'm hoping to get it on the highway, in some traffic, park it up against a wall, stuff like that to really test in the next month or so.
It's ok for what it is, definitely not worth anymore than they're asking for them. If I were to do it again, I'd get the 34"x19" 3 core plastic tank with the short filler neck, or the radiator express one that PlayingWithTBI has linked.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just order an all aluminum one from radiator Express. The box it came in said Liland on it. I have yet to try it out as I am waiting for new hoses to show up. It was right at $260 shipped

Last edited:

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing against the aluminum aftermarket radiator companies, but the radiator does inflate and deflate each time it goes thru heat cycles. The OEM with plastic tanks will last longer on average due to the give in the tank & seal. The plastic gives up the magic before the aluminum core ever does. Its just the connection between the aluminum tank and core that bother me. Why does a copper radiator last 50+ years while the plastic tank / aluminum ones go for 20+. Many have stories of this or that brand of all aluminum radiators failing, some quicker than others. The problem is very few are making replacement copper radiators, some never offer cross-flow and it's price of the material that most deal with. The aluminum tank is annealed before a two step deep draw into the press form. The better ones are sheet aluminum that are TIG welded to a shape that will fit with some work. The argument of copper vs aluminum for heat transfer comes into play. It come down to a 1K radiator with good air flow fans package very time. Don't forget about grounding heater cores and radiators while some offer anodes to deal with electrosis. Ever stick a DMM positive lead into coolant with the egging running. What do you read. Bad alternator diodes should be checked as A/C voltage leaks under normal conditions, just 3X more at the alternator than battery. It plays hell on Class 2 serial data vehicles. Been there, done that! I got into the habit of checking every vehicle. plus you can find bad alternators before they fail completely. 0.010 - 0.016 volts A/C at idle and never more than 0.90 volts A/C with engine rev'd up. Newer alternators and imports are using 9 diodes or zener diodes with the correct avalanche current on the positive side of rectifier. Ok...too much.

Last edited: