Lets see your aftermarket gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Pitch, Roll and Trans Temp in my 88.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dual needle and controls for the helper bags in the 99. Decided to mount them in the toolbox.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Depending on your interior I would either put them where the cigarette lighters are and make a custom plate to go there or if you have the center console maybe where the cupholder/cd holder is, again with a custom plate. And if you did the console you could have a lid to cover them to deter thieves from thinking you have a truck worth stealing for some reason. And no I am not saying your truck isn't worth stealing but just saying it might be another reason for them to take a second look.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you really want to put any of those guages in your truck in the first place. It seems kinda ricey to put them in for show and I know thats what you were trying to avoid by not going with pilar guages. I can see the point to fuel pressure underhood for diagnosis and A/F ratio if you are tuning yourself as well as tranny temp with an automatic, but what are you gonna gain with fuel pressure, vacuum and oil temp? Not trying to be an ass, just seems like a lot of trouble to end up with a scenario you were trying to avoid.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you really want to put any of those guages in your truck in the first place. It seems kinda ricey to put them in for show and I know thats what you were trying to avoid by not going with pilar guages. I can see the point to fuel pressure underhood for diagnosis and A/F ratio if you are tuning yourself as well as tranny temp with an automatic, but what are you gonna gain with fuel pressure, vacuum and oil temp? Not trying to be an ass, just seems like a lot of trouble to end up with a scenario you were trying to avoid.

theres nothing ricey about gauges, look at a 69 camaro with the gauges on the console and a hurst shifter, if thats not the most bada$$ muscle car console I dont know what is. and as far as my gauge selection I want the fuel pressure for the obvious reasons... vacuum can help you get better gas mileage, sounds dumb but $4.30 for gas is a little nuts, and the oil temp is more or less a filler, I have a manual trans so trans temp doesnt make sense, we have a pretty good gauge setup stock so just fill in what gm didnt give us. I can see how you think gauges are ricey, you just have to pick the right ones... I would prolly pick some basic autometers with a black face and either white or orange needles (similar to our clusters) and definitely without 37 colors to choose from for backlight...

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
honestly, i wouldn't bother with the fuel pressure inside the cab, not really needed, just put it under the hood.

Vacuum gauge is a good idea, i used one in my ford, made a small MPG difference.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
honestly, i wouldn't bother with the fuel pressure inside the cab, not really needed, just put it under the hood.

Vacuum gauge is a good idea, i used one in my ford, made a small MPG difference.

well then I need to set about finding a safe way of mounting one...