Lets see your aftermarket gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ever since I replaced my fuel pump I have been thinking about getting a fuel gauge that gets mounted under the hood. Ive been doing some research and coming up short on a gauge that mounts to the fuel rail Schroeder valve without having a leaking problem. so Ive decided to mount some inside. most likely 3, Vacuum, fuel pressure and oil temp. where do you guys mount them? I would love to do a console that meets the dash and mount them like a old camaro but with the manual tranny that idea is out... show me what you guys do! thanks in advanced

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You don't want a fuel pressure gauge inside unless it's electric (if there is such a thing). A leak on a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the cab could be very bad.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't want a fuel pressure gauge inside unless it's electric (if there is such a thing). A leak on a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the cab could be very bad.

AMEN! I dont want any fluids plumbed into the cab. Autometer has full sweep electric gauges like this, http://autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3721&sid=67 they come with a sending unit and you just run wires into the cab instead of fuel (or oil for oil temp/pressure)... plus I get a pretty good discount on autometer.... :)

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
AMEN! I dont want any fluids plumbed into the cab. Autometer has full sweep electric gauges like this, http://autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3721&sid=67 they come with a sending unit and you just run wires into the cab instead of fuel (or oil for oil temp/pressure)... plus I get a pretty good discount on autometer.... :)

I don't think oil would be a big deal. My dad had one in his old Dodge when I was a kid. It eventually started leaking, but was nothing more than a wet spot. Gas on the other hand would vaporize and be highly flammable.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mounted a fuel pressure gauge & a a/f ratio in the overhead console
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the underhood fuel pressure gauge I have on my truck, no leaking problems with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

I know its last resort but here is the pillar gauge pod I have too. Trans temp and air/fuel ratio.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dirtridinz71 you dont know how bad I wish I only needed a 15 lb fuel pressure gauge. ha! I would really like to have the gauge under the hood, just dont know how to hook it up safely. with 55-60lbs of pressure the last thing I want is gas all over a hot motor... as a side note, clean interior! your last picture reminded me of my 93, boy do I miss that truck