K2500 CCSB carrier bearing(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 K2500 350 80e ccsb:
You must be registered for see images attach

I’m not certain of the nomenclature, but is the red arrow pointing to a carrier bearing? I’m used to them being midway between driveshaft halves. Are there 2? Looking at rock auto and other sites, I’m having trouble identifying this part. The rubber is destroyed in mine. It’s right after the transfer case. RA listing shows carrier bearings, but doesn’t really differentiate on location. Is it called something else, or could someone send me in the right direction. Thank y’all.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
2000 K2500 350 80e ccsb:

I’m not certain of the nomenclature, but is the red arrow pointing to a carrier bearing? I’m used to them being midway between driveshaft halves. Are there 2? Looking at rock auto and other sites, I’m having trouble identifying this part. The rubber is destroyed in mine. It’s right after the transfer case. RA listing shows carrier bearings, but doesn’t really differentiate on location. Is it called something else, or could someone send me in the right direction. Thank y’all.
The arrow is pointing to the tailshaft of the transfer case. Carrier bearing assembly is the next crossmember back.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you are inquiring about is called a transfer case insulator, GM 15963563 (#3 in first image below). Despite exhaustive searching, neither I nor anyone else have found an available OEM or aftermarket replacement, which is unfortunate since after 20+ years, all of our transfer case insulators would need replacement by now.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you are inquiring about is called a transfer case insulator, GM 15963563 (#3 in first image below). Despite exhaustive searching, neither I nor anyone else have found an available OEM or aftermarket replacement, which is unfortunate since after 20+ years, all of our transfer case insulators would need replacement by now.

Thank you Paragon! I looked through my service manual and couldn’t find any schematics like what you shared. Okay, so no insulator replacement…junk yard…or any “kinda fixes” y’all know about?

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Paragon! I looked through my service manual and couldn’t find any schematics like what you shared. Okay, so no insulator replacement…junk yard…or any “kinda fixes” y’all know about?
I'm not quite yet to re-installing the transfer case onto my chassis, so have just been delaying the inevitable (i.e., finding a replacement for this).

Still pondering ideas. You can go junkyard. Yup, but eventually that one will degrade, too, if it has not already. I'll definitely let you know if I find something.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think I might start here for $4.75 and see what I can do….
Nice. How do you find something like that?

Let me go measure the outer diameter of the transfer case extension housing. That will give us a measurement to go by. I bet we can find something to work with.

Edit: We're looking at about 2.9875" for the outer diameter of the part of the extension housing that the insulator sits on top of.

I think what we will eventually need to do is find a carrier bearing assembly, and press out the center bearing itself, so that just the rubber insulator is left. We just need to find a carrier bearing assembly that has that magic number 2.9875" spec or close to it when the carrier bearing itself is pressed out.

I measured the bracket bolt hole to bolt hole length with a tape measure to get an approximate measurement. It looks to be about 6 5/8" or 6.625"...so, maybe 6.620" like those in this catalog:

The bolts that secure the bracket to the frame are M10, so that gives us the "Bolt Hole/Stud Size = M10 - 1.50TH" measurement.

I just bought a Spicer 212028-1X on eBay from driveshaft-world. Had the best price I could find - $70 shipped + tax. So, once it gets here, I'll see if it works and let you know. Not getting my hopes up, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited: