K2500 CCSB carrier bearing(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Torque King and asked if they knew of a supplier. He said he wasn't familiar with the item. We'll see how the carrier bearing rubber works. Should be shipping today and arriving early next week.
You could try and contact these guys. Site says they have them, but who knows.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moment of truth approaching. Time to press the bearing out of the Spicer 212028-1X.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I can sit it on the circular ring and press the bearing through the ring. But still studying it.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bearing is out. I think the remaining ring is bonded to the rubber. Studying it to determine best way to remove it without damaging the rubber.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the stock insulator slid over the ring of the Spicer part. Like a perfect fit, which means if I can remove the ring, it should work.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut the ring, see if it can be peeled-out.

Last resort--warm the ring with a propane torch. Not enough to smoke the rubber, but enough to melt the "bond" between the steel and rubber. (It works with control arm bushings...if you're careful.)

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, end result, no success. Trying to remove the ring bonded to the rubber is going to destroy the rubber insulator. Sadly, it seems that Dana Spicer dealers cannot obtain the rubber insulator (212027X) by itself; I called Drivetrain America and they said they're unable to.

I'll see if I can cross-reference the Spicer carrier bearing assembly 212028-1X with another manufacturer. Maybe there's one out there that isn't bonded. Doubtful, but worth researching.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expensive experiments! I found this.
:chillpill:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, end result, no success. Trying to remove the ring bonded to the rubber is going to destroy the rubber insulator. Sadly, it seems that Dana Spicer dealers cannot obtain the rubber insulator (212027X) by itself; I called Drivetrain America and they said they're unable to.

I'll see if I can cross-reference the Spicer carrier bearing assembly 212028-1X with another manufacturer. Maybe there's one out there that isn't bonded. Doubtful, but worth researching.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or drop into some Hydrochloric-Acid, it should dissolve steel, but won’t affect rubber. Another lab project! :Pshyco: