Is it dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lost06

Reaction score
@ JAW's, how big cam and was it a noticeable difference in performance? I want a cam that will sound good and lumpy yet run good.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
@ JAW's, how big cam and was it a noticeable difference in performance? I want a cam that will sound good and lumpy yet run good.

I will have to look at my papers at home tomorrow or Thursday because I am not 100% sure but I am 95% sure I went with a:
Comp Extreme Energy #12-249-4 1000-5000 RPM 249/260 adv duration .434/.444 lift Computer Compatible (Great in throttle body, Crossfire or carbureted engines) From Northern Auto Parts.

I cannot comment positively on how much I actually gained from it because I bought the truck and 3-4 days later I found that a few cam lobes were rounded:nono:
I also upgraded many other things that should have helped performance.

sammack420

Reaction score
Thats not bad...I just rebuilt my 350 TBI last year and it was damn clost to $2000. However, I did upgrade a bunch of stuff along with the biggest computer controlled cam I could find.

yea i cheaped out on the gasket kit an wound blowin a head gasket so i got a complete overhual to the heads like less then a thousand k later had to throw an other 450 at er so in the end it cost me a bit more but all in all it wasnt too bad could have been worse, but its still running good.

Lost06

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I am going to start shopping around for a 350 and I guess go from there. I'm hoping that something will come up and I can afford to do an LSx conversion.

Lost06

Reaction score
I got a complete drivetrain from an '05 Silvy. So, I am now in the process of disassembly....