is ACDelco 10-4051 gear oil discontinued?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
@MrPink is a former GM engineer and now works in a dealer parts department. He's not on here as often since he got rid of his truck, but if he sees this maybe he could shed some light on the specs of the original part number from the TSB (10950849) and/or recommend a current GM/ACDelco replacement.
Not just the lack of truck, but my son was born the end of September.

GM went from the 80w-90 to using 75w-90 with a part number of 88900401

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not just the lack of truck, but my son was born the end of September.

GM went from the 80w-90 to using 75w-90 with a part number of 88900401
The grape stuff :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Friggen $25/qt at amazon, or $16.51/qt from GMPD (before S&H) ... now brace yourself, STANDARD SHIPPING (the only choice on their checkout page) to my home in Houston ... $69.70. $69.70 MAKING FOR A TOTAL OF $86.21 FOR A QUART OF GEAR OIL

Rock has it for $14.57 but once you add shipping (Fedex ground only option) and tax it's $27. Easier and probably quicker to get it from amazon with free shipping, for basically the same price. I guess if you were getting multiple items from Rock and used a discount code you'd come out ahead, if you didn't need it in a hurry.

Richard

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread the other day since I think I should pop mine open very soon.

Tnman54

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread the other day since I think I should pop mine open very soon.

if you are driving the truck, Id at least pull the fill plug and see if there is enough oil in it...mine only had less than a quart

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are driving the truck, Id at least pull the fill plug and see if there is enough oil in it...mine only had less than a quart
I'm gonna see where it's at before I drive it any more, I may top it off with some standard 80w90 I have right now but the grape juice gets here Sunday and I may not even move it until then

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was about half a quart low, so everything should be fine. I'll pop the cover and replace the gasket Monday most likely