Intermittent headlight/dash lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digitallando

Reaction score
When this happens you lose headlights, instrument cluster lights, what about tail lights and side marker lights? There all controlled by headlight switch. It's the only thing all three have in common.
Tail lights go out, not sure about side lights.
5. I'd expect TWO circuit breakers--one for low-beams, one for high beams. Do you have problems with the circuit breaker popping when you use high beam lights? or only with low-beams?
It goes out with either high or low beams

Digitallando

Reaction score
1. What is system voltage? If that alternator is putting out 16+ volts, you might have this sort of issue. It's really hard on pretty-much everything electric/electronic in the truck.

14.7 volts. The alternator was barely connected to the battery, could that be the cause, temporary disconnection while driving?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
14.7 volts. The alternator was barely connected to the battery, could that be the cause, temporary disconnection while driving?
Either way, that’s a problem. Fix that and cross your fingers. Out of curiosity, what brand headlight switch did you replace it with?

Last edited:

Digitallando

Reaction score
Either way, that’s a problem. Fix that and cross your fingers. Out of curiosity, what brand headlight switch did you replace it with?
JOYTUTUS, on Amazon, has good reviews. Do you think that will do or recommend another brand?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. It takes an hour or so of driving before the problem may or may not occur.
I’m not saying that switch is the problem, slight chance it is. If it turns out to be something else, I’d throw the old one back in.