How long should rear axle seals last

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update got it back few days ago, bearings, vent tube and the axles checked out good, faulty seals or maybe got damaged along the way, cause the rear end was rebuilt after they were replaced so maybe they got damaged during that fixed it at no charge

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, good on the shop for having the integrity to stand behind their work. Nothing builds a rep better!
Even if it wasn't his fault, parts like that cheap, and I'll bet ya that he does that from now on, on every rebuild! Lol!
There's never time to do it once, buy there's always time to do it twice. Can't make money that way!
I'd give him return biz.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Seals last all of 120 miles on my 9 inch. We also are constantly pulling the axles and center section out. Gaskets last me about 30 miles, and tranny seals last about 90 miles.

And yes, gear lube is some smelly .

~Via Mobile

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
In my early 20's, had a full 22gal. barrel spill on me from a mezzanine above. The barrel's lid popped like a cork when it feel on it's side. Boosh! Drenched!
5 years later, that jean jacket, fresh outa the wash, smelled like gear lube! I've had jean jackets soaked in 'patch' that didn't smell for that long!
The smell of gear lube can make me gag!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Seals last all of 120 miles on my 9 inch. We also are constantly pulling the axles and center section out. Gaskets last me about 30 miles, and tranny seals last about 90 miles.

And yes, gear lube is some smelly .

~Via Mobile

What the hell are you driving that thing through? That's like 'top-fuel' destruction!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Update got it back few days ago, bearings, vent tube and the axles checked out good, faulty seals or maybe got damaged along the way, cause the rear end was rebuilt after they were replaced so maybe they got damaged during that fixed it at no charge

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Ah, someone "cheaped out".

Pull the axles, replace the seals.

SOP.