Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Canadian Camo...engaged!

You must be registered for see images attach

20 minutes later...

30 minutes later...

Not white-out conditions, but decent for my area. Forecast says 1"-3". Back in '97, a similar event and forecast ended up being 19" of fluffy stuff.
Good reason to not have a white vehicle in the winter. In Houston, if we want to see snow, we have to defrost the fridge. Or look at pix like this!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Time to thaw 'em out! Wasn't much snow at all. Just enough to make everything look nice.

Side bet... who'll defrost the fastest? Police Interceptor Crown Vic, or the spacious crew cab?

Oh. It's also a fair race. Rear defroster broken on the Vic, truck doesn't have one.

Crown Victoria barely eeks out the win

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time to thaw 'em out! Wasn't much snow at all. Just enough to make everything look nice.

Side bet... who'll defrost the fastest? Police Interceptor Crown Vic, or the spacious crew cab?

Oh. It's also a fair race. Rear defroster broken on the Vic, truck doesn't have one.

Crown Victoria barely eeks out the win

Holy smokes! Your trucks camouflages great on the white snow! LOL. How is traction on the crew cab on the snow? Do you have the G80?

On my ECSB driving on snow or ice would suck. We don't really get enough of that here, but about 10 years ago we had a bad storm. Threw 3 or 4 bags of 60# play sand on the bed and that helped a lot.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Holy smokes! Your trucks camouflages great on the white snow! LOL. How is traction on the crew cab on the snow? Do you have the G80?

On my ECSB driving on snow or ice would suck. We don't really get enough of that here, but about 10 years ago we had a bad storm. Threw 3 or 4 bags of 60# play sand on the bed and that helped a lot.

Well, I haven't driven it in the white stuff. The ancient tires are hard as a rock and almost slick. Also, while the bed sides above the wheels are rusty, the cab isn't. No G80 either. The Vic was a northern Indiana car and the floor pans are trashed. Tires were installed around Thanksgiving, and it DOES have power to both wheels. Good for drifting.:Big Laugh:
I heard a Canadian member call white trucks Canadian camo.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Ordered turn signal housings, bulbs, headlight bulbs, dash LEDs and other things today. It'll be getting it's facelift soon.
I also have to get moving on polishing turds. Those turds being the PYOs I got for $200. I think they'll fit the truck fine, as in being a decent 60 footer, lol.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
What model did they tell you it came out of? That's a regular Cadillac oil pan( front sump). Cads are set up like Fords in that way. Guess this is part of why the Eldorado pan is so rare( not just it's not on as many cars).....

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
He wasn't sure. He said he ran numbers to the point of finding 1975 and 500 c.i., and he was good. He did say the man he bought it from had Hearses, Eldorados, and Devilles, and lots of money.
This almost ended up in a '71 C10, but he went with a 350 LT1 instead. Said he's been saving the LT1 for 30 years.

I'm really happy after speaking with him for almost 2 hours.
Going to sell the TH400, eventually. No hurry, so I'll just advertise it on a few platforms.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
He wasn't sure. He said he ran numbers to the point of finding 1975 and 500 c.i., and he was good. He did say the man he bought it from had Hearses, Eldorados, and Devilles, and lots of money.
This almost ended up in a '71 C10, but he went with a 350 LT1 instead. Said he's been saving the LT1 for 30 years.

I'm really happy after speaking with him for almost 2 hours.
Going to sell the TH400, eventually. No hurry, so I'll just advertise it on a few platforms.
The Cadillac Turbo 400 is an extra long tail shaft version. Only used in Cads as far as I know. You can use it in other stuff, just need the room, the correct transmission mount, rework the drive shaft as needed. Of course it's B-O-P bolt pattern....but I think adapter is available.
I think that big ol thing is in the shop too. Once I get everything dug out,I'm gonna need a pickup or a big trailer LOL.
Cadillac went to HEI in 74, so I think any difference in 74 and 75 may be compression ratio? I have a 74 factory shop manual and the 75 supplement book. Probably details the difference in there. 75 cars would have had catalytic converter, that's one thing.....I have the manuals bagged and set aside with the engine parts.