Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Before today, I was under the impression that swapping out my '93 single halogen headlight and grille assembly for a slightly newer ('97) Silverado grille was straight forward other than minor wiring. I was wrong.
The bumper filler for the '97 doesn't remotely fit in with the core support or the fender fillers.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before today, I was under the impression that swapping out my '93 single halogen headlight and grille assembly for a slightly newer ('97) Silverado grille was straight forward other than minor wiring. I was wrong.
The bumper filler for the '97 doesn't remotely fit in with the core support or the fender fillers.
You need the 94+ grill, bumper filler and bumper brackets. The fender filler is the same.

The composite swap needs the lights, pigtails and light brackets and the above.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
You need the 94+ grill, bumper filler and bumper brackets. The fender filler is the same.

The composite swap needs the lights, pigtails and light brackets and the above.

Bumper brackets... I did not know that. I have absolutely everything else. Now I remember reading about how it can be a pain in the ass to get the bumper lined up...
Thanks!

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So handy having a truck again.
This is my weekend to work. I'm going to try to straighten up the garage and assemble the stand and hoist. Following weekend is the road trip to pick up the 8.2L and TH400. -In the Crown Vic! It gets more than twice the MPG and has a radio, lol!
My plan is:
Intake manifold in front passenger floor, heads in front seat, trans in back seat with miscellaneous parts, short block in the cavernous trunk. These engines weigh 625 lbs, and add the trans...so the Vic will be a little lowered.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
So handy having a truck again.
This is my weekend to work. I'm going to try to straighten up the garage and assemble the stand and hoist. Following weekend is the road trip to pick up the 8.2L and TH400. -In the Crown Vic! It gets more than twice the MPG and has a radio, lol!
My plan is:
Intake manifold in front passenger floor, heads in front seat, trans in back seat with miscellaneous parts, short block in the cavernous trunk. These engines weigh 625 lbs, and add the trans...so the Vic will be a little lowered.
I wish that I had pictures of the complete vortec 350 that I had in the back of a 90's Ford Festiva.