Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
The Cadillac Turbo 400 is an extra long tail shaft version. Only used in Cads as far as I know. You can use it in other stuff, just need the room, the correct transmission mount, rework the drive shaft as needed. Of course it's B-O-P bolt pattern....but I think adapter is available.
I think that big ol thing is in the shop too. Once I get everything dug out,I'm gonna need a pickup or a big trailer LOL.
Cadillac went to HEI in 74, so I think any difference in 74 and 75 may be compression ratio? I have a 74 factory shop manual and the 75 supplement book. Probably details the difference in there. 75 cars would have had catalytic converter, that's one thing.....I have the manuals bagged and set aside with the engine parts.

Sweet!

This engine is missing the carb (no problem) but comes with a Accel HEI distributor brand new in the box.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Always find things when I don't have a pot to piss in...
Hope it's still there in a couple of weeks.

You must be registered for see images attach

If I wasn't struggling to save for another 400 to take over dd status, I'd happily send you the money for that bed. :(

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!
My 82 year old dad keeps having heart issues, so that's been priority #1.
#2 is my 4 year old starting preschool.
#3 is worrying about the new company change over the 1st week of May.
Not much time left for anything else...

I DID manage to buy a 4 wheeled engine stand today. Next is a 2-ton engine hoist. Then I can bring my 500 home.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
WTH?
So the ONLY truck leaving Charlotte was going THIS route? My engine hoist is more well-traveled than me! Lol! I guess we gotta give enough people plenty of chances to damage the 240# package and lose the hardware. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Probably the same idiots who ship our books. The boxes come in as much tape as box, books are damaged or missing, and we're just this week getting caught up on orders that were delayed going out from the winter storms. And it all has to visit several different warehouses on the way to the DC and then to the individual stores......