New member...Hello from DeSoto parish Louisana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello to all. I have followed posts on this site for a couple of years and have found this site to be entertaining and quite informative.

I am fortunate enough to have 2 gmt 400 trucks. One, a 1990 Silverado, I bought new in Tuscaloosa AL in May of 1990. It is pretty basic for a Silverado with manual windows and locks and a 5 speed. It is a daily driver.

The other is a 1991 GMC. It had sat in a guy's yard for a couple years and I'm in the process of making it a good daily driver. It runs, drives, and stops well. Paint is shot but body is straight.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help I am sure to find here.

Bob

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I have followed posts on this site for a couple of years and have found this site to be entertaining and quite informative.

I am fortunate enough to have 2 gmt 400 trucks. One, a 1990 Silverado, I bought new in Tuscaloosa AL in May of 1990. It is pretty basic for a Silverado with manual windows and locks and a 5 speed. It is a daily driver.

Welcome topside to the tip of the iceberg. (At any one time it looks like only 1/10 of
the viewers of this forum are members?) Anyway, after lurking for about a year I
did the same thing, and this is a good place to hang out with those who share my
good taste in & deep appreciation of the GMT400s. :0)

EDIT: Very cool to 'meet' someone who's the original owner of their truck -- that's
gotta be nice...

Welcome aboard from the finger lakes region of upstate NY!

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome from Houston, Texas!
I bought my crew cab from the grandson of the original owner, last year. Not quite as cool as buying it new....I think I'm the third owner of my Suburban (I think the original owner sold it or traded it to the local lot I got it from).