Headliner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I just bought 3 cans of the 3m 90, about 14 bucks a can, 2 cans would have been more than sufficient I'm sure. I'll keep this updated with how it holds. The last time I rolled it in with an OLD marble rolling pin, I'll do the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the glue down. The can said a good test was to touch the glue with your knuckle. If the glue transfers to your skin, it's still wet, so that's what I went off, touching multiple places and waiting till the freshest stuff was dry, then added about a minute.

The foam/the mesh over the foam didn't like the second peeling, there were a few places it separated or stretched. NONE OF THIS WAS THERE the first time I reglued it. This was me, from this time only. If the foam falls this time, it fails, and I'll take it in, again, to get redone with new foam, but keep this vinyl (unless they say it's unusable for some reason)

I did three passes on each as suggested with the 3m '90'. I can see a few places where it's a bit lumpy from the foam issue mentioned earlier, and I got a bit of glue on the vinyl.

Should I let the whole thing "cure" for any time before installing?
You must be registered for see images attach

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll get her in this afternoon! I'll roll it in a third time, following the same pattern as the glue. Vertical, horizontal, 45. I'll try to remember to post an update in about a week. If you don't hear from me, it's probably because it worked/is currently working.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She's up and in. Here's to hoping she sticks. With more glue, applied... Better at least, it already felt much more secure. More like just one piece.