Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the headliner in my truck was ruined due to a leaky windshield.

Where is some of the best places online to order a new one.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Order one? Naw.. local auto upholstery shop. Just pull the trim yourself, carefully, and if you need tips ask here first before you go into it. The trim is really easy to break and there's a few tricks that vary depending on cab style. Guaranteed though you'll be more careful with it than any trim shop.

If the headliner board itself is ruined (not likely, it's probably just the fabric), boneyard one and have that recovered.

Richard

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recovering a headliner is one of the easiest and most satisfying projects you can do. You take the old board out. It's brittle fiberglass most likely, so just be careful removing it. Gotta take out all of the trim around it, then any components that go through it, like dome light. Pull off all of the old material, it's just cloth with a thin foam backing. If there's crud remaining from the old foam remove it. (Mainly you don't want any lumps under the new fabric.) Repair any cracks or breaks. I just use paper or cloth and glue for this. Then, headliner fabric and 3M headliner adhesive. Start at one edge, like the back, and adhere the headliner material there. Once it's stuck there good, pull it back, and add adhesive to the whole rest of the board and fabric. Let it set for a minute or two, and then stretch the material from back to front. Don't worry about the curves yet, just get it nice and stretched, somewhat but not too taut. Then, start working your way from the middle to the side edges. Once this is done, turn it upside down and glue the flappy edges of the fabric to the backside of the board, making relief cuts where necessary. Do the same for any significant openings, like for overhead console or large dome light holes.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmctruck.com
I had a local guy bring one in for me since it is a large item and he brings container loads from the US. He ordered it from LMC and when it arrived it wasn't wide enough and barely catches the side trims to hold it up. Unfortunately, being so far away I can't return parts so just made it work.