Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My high beams previously weren’t working so I’ll just be on low beams and the other day I switch to the high beams and now I can’t switch to low beams . I checked the fuses and they’re all good Is it the switch or something else internal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidAlan

Reaction score
I know this might be silly, but before you do anything ,go to your public library or a auto parts store, buy the manual on the truck, this will give you ideas on what you maybe looking for.
Wiring maybe involved or could be simply the switch, or maybe a fuse, or a wire that is crossed, get the schematics ,that can find on-line , or if you feel uncomfortable doing anything, take it to a shop.
I will give you my best guess, more likely the headlight switch is at fault, but if it isn't then follow all the wires and maybe something else, you will need a meter to find the fault, so good luck on your fun quest.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I agree with the multi function switch probably being the problem. IIRC the power goes from the headlight switch to the dimmer switch section of the multi function switch.
Back in the day, it was easy to change the dimmer switch when it was in the floor. But they also went out a lot from being exposed to water and other nasty stuff, being in the floor and sticking out the back of the floorboards......

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with the multi function switch probably being the problem. IIRC the power goes from the headlight switch to the dimmer switch section of the multi function switch.
Back in the day, it was easy to change the dimmer switch when it was in the floor. But they also went out a lot from being exposed to water and other nasty stuff, being in the floor and sticking out the back of the floorboards......

I've seen some of those switches for lights on the floors. Makes me think of speed racer but then the button on the floor was for the hood lol