Led Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merritt31

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the price of these I thought I would try then and I am so excided to be able to see at night again! I'll have to come back in a few with longevity review but so far pretty pumped. There isn't really a big difference between the high and low beams other than the direction the beam is pointing but that just saves me from forgetting the highs are on and blasting people :) Everything was plug and play.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please think of everyone else on the road. Even with properly designed housings that are properly aimed it only takes a slight bump in the road or turn of the wheel to direct those lights directly into the eyes of oncoming traffic. I know someone with permanently impaired vision in one eye caused by LED headlights. It literally only takes a single second.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please think of everyone else on the road. Even with properly designed housings that are properly aimed it only takes a slight bump in the road or turn of the wheel to direct those lights directly into the eyes of oncoming traffic. I know someone with permanently impaired vision in one eye caused by LED headlights. It literally only takes a single second.
I’m not using LED bulbs, so I’m not here to advocate or defend them, just to say that there are plenty of new cars with LED’s that are just as likely or unlikely to blind you.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know someone with permanently impaired vision in one eye caused by LED headlights. It literally only takes a single second.
You've made this claim before, but it's impossible unless there was an underlying condition. If that was the case, any source of bright light would have caused it, not specifically LED bulbs. There's nothing inherently dangerous about LED light, please stop spreading misinformation.
I get that you don't like them, and I agree they can be annoying, but the magnitude of light needed to permanently damage otherwise healthy eyes only occurs in nuclear reaction.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you hit a bump in the road and your steering wheel turns, you’ve got more problems that bulbs. And new modern led bulbs are much less “harmful” now as long as they’re installed properly and aimed properly. Are they 100% ideal and made for halogen housings??? No. But they’re nowhere near what putting hids in halogen housings are

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've made this claim before, but it's impossible unless there was an underlying condition. If that was the case, any source of bright light would have caused it, not specifically LED bulbs. There's nothing inherently dangerous about LED light, please stop spreading misinformation.
I get that you don't like them, and I agree they can be annoying, but the magnitude of light needed to permanently damage otherwise healthy eyes only occurs in nuclear reaction.
The bolded part I quoted from you above is the only misinformation in this thread.

If you would like to be introduced to the person whose vision has been impaired I can introduce you. You are not a medical doctor and, even if you were, you have not examined the patient. He has a diagnosis from an ophthalmologist who has examined his eyes.

Do not twist my words. I did not say all LED light was inherently bad. I implied LED headlights were inherently dangerous. This implication is confirmed by at least one confirmed case of permanent vision impairment. I have never stated that all LED headlights will blind everyone who comes near them. However, they have definitely caused permanent injury to one person. I enjoy my vision and would like to keep it. I would also like my choice of headlight to not be the cause of another person's vision loss. In the spirit of helping my fellow man, I share an experience that, however uncommon, is real. If reading this can help even person avoid causing or experiencing permanent vision damage I will consider my effort well-spent.

You are welcome to walk onto any dealer lot with a 2024 model year car that has LED headlights, ask the salesman to turn the bright lights on, and kneel down in front of those headlights with your eyes wide open, and stare into that light as long as suits you. For best effect, you should position your eyes so that they are in line with the most intense light output. I would not choose to do this, but it is a free country and you are free to choose your own path.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to put my welding helmet down once and started welding. No permanent damage. I can't imagine an LED headlight much farther away is worse than that.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you hit a bump in the road and your steering wheel turns, you’ve got more problems that bulbs. And new modern led bulbs are much less “harmful” now as long as they’re installed properly and aimed properly. Are they 100% ideal and made for halogen housings??? No. But they’re nowhere near what putting hids in halogen housings are
I was thinking more along the lines of a situation where you are approaching an intersection and turn left in front of opposing traffic. There is a large dip or hump in the road that causes your otherwise perfectly aimed headlights to shine directly into the eyes of the drivers opposite you.

All aftermarket/retrofit kits/parts are definitely not created equal.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to put my welding helmet down once and started welding. No permanent damage. I can't imagine an LED headlight much farther away is worse than that.
I have also done this before - and on more than one occasion - with no permanent injury. Like you, I would never have imagined a mere headlight could do such harm. The fact that it seems so impossible/unlikely is why I bring it up. I would like you, me, etc. to not be the next person whose personal experiece proves otherwise.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still, the lights are too freaking bright. I think a significant part of the problem is that people want to adapt the light to them instead of adapting themselves to the light in the environment.

Turn down your dashboard lights to the lowest point where you can easily read them. Turn off any other lights in your cab. If you have to put a piece of scotch tape over your stereo lights to dim them, do it. Avert your gaze from bright lights. If there's a big sign with flashing lights, don't look at it. If there's a driver coming the other way with bright lights, look to the side of the road and use your peripheral vision to watch where you're going, preserving the more concentrated photo receptors in your line of sight for scanning the road ahead after the car passes. If there's a car ahead of you, what can you see in their headlights?

Stop trying to light up the world. Learn to use the light that's already there.