Guys...Is she worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just talked to the guy with the 350 engine and he said it has 50,000 on the rebuild and it was in a 96 Chevy Z71. Havent looked at it yet. The engine in the GMC now has 260XXX + miles on it now and God knows whats wrong with it so I may take the chance with the other engine. Or should I see about the original engine first before going after the rebuild?

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Just talked to the guy with the 350 engine and he said it has 50,000 on the rebuild and it was in a 96 Chevy Z71. Havent looked at it yet. The engine in the GMC now has 260XXX + miles on it now and God knows whats wrong with it so I may take the chance with the other engine. Or should I see about the original engine first before going after the rebuild?

Straight Axle Swap instead of the RCX :deal:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

If the H/G's are shot, & it's been sitting for a while, I wouldn't even mess with that motor. Chances are the bearings have been eaten up by the coolant. Good plan getting a new engine for it! Save you a lot of headaches by not beating an already dead horse.

VorTEX

Reaction score
Whats the difference between a straight axle swap and installing the RCX
the difference is whether or not you want to keep the independent front suspension (IFS) or if you want a solid axle. IFS is better for daily driving in my opinion because it works better at taking bumps at higher speeds. you did say you wanted it to be a daily driver

K1500 gramnolds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrench on it, and make it what you want. Free is the best price for a truck!!! I agree with the previous posts as to the engine. Take out the original. With those miles, there`s no telling what all could be wrong with it. Rebuild it, or, sell it and purchase a lower mileage replacement. 350`s are everywhere and parts are low cost. GOOD LUCK :)

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would definitely pull the intake first, the factory gaskets are plastic and have virtually 100% failure rate. Its not if they are gonna leak, its when. You may have a perfectly good engine just in need of some intake gaskets.

Reaction score
I'm quickly learning these gmt400 trucks are easy to come by on craigslist as parting out. Motor, tranny, and other odds and ends I don't think you'd break 600 bones if you can find someone parting out a truck on craigslist. He'll you may even find your lift kit that way too. I really hope you took that truck.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk