Grille Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I would just write up a fun little article. First you will need your led strips. Then remove the grille. after this locate your day time running lights so you know where to run the wire. After that just cut off a little of the wire installation on the daytime running lights. Then get your handy dandy wire splice connectors and put the running lights wire in the section that's not cut and get the led wire and put in the blocked port. Then jut clamp down the metal and your good to go. So yeah then cover up any cut wire showing with electrical tape.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Actually it's my illegal. It's green and the bulbs aren't showing its just the glow and it's not shooting a 75 foot beam. Trust me I talked to an officer. Lol.

Here it would be, Cant have any color other then white or amber facing forward. but that is here.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm in college station and I have never been pulled over and officers say it's cool. They said as long as it's not red or any color flashing and it's just the glow your good.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
As Josh said great way to get pulled over, Plus get negative attention from the cops in general legal color or otherwise. Here green is used for Vol. Firefighters which iirc is the same down there. Plus on top of that way to bring some ricer attention to our platform...:nono: That sort of thing belongs on hondas and other imports.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
As Josh said great way to get pulled over, Plus get negative attention from the cops in general legal color or otherwise. Here green is used for Vol. Firefighters which iirc is the same down there. Plus on top of that way to bring some ricer attention to our platform...:nono: That sort of thing belongs on hondas and other imports.

does that mean if I put red lights lighting up my engine and box .... does that make it ricer look... :(

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
does that mean if I put red lights lighting up my engine and box .... does that make it ricer look... :(

If it is done cleanly no... But that is for visual enhancement of other mods. The grille led mod serves no practical purpose.

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha we all have our own opinions. But all in all I'm not here to hear about you saying it looks ricer. Last I checked it was my truck not yours lol?