Grille Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY? No one is going to say anything about the great white, talking about lights, in butt's????

That's fine and all, if your into that sort of thing, but dahmn, lights in butts!!!!

Dude, really?

Out of this whole thread that's what you took out of it?

Methinks thou dost protest too much....:rofl:

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.547.htm

Sec. 547.353. COLOR REQUIREMENTS. (a) A clearance lamp, identification lamp, side marker lamp, or reflector mounted on the front, on the side near the front, or in the center of the vehicle must be or reflect amber.

(b) A clearance lamp, identification lamp, side marker lamp, or reflector mounted on the rear or the side near the rear of the vehicle must be or reflect red.

I'm not the best with legal jargon but I take this to mean if it isn't amber on the front or red on the rear, they won't like it. Be careful, some police don't even know what's up when it comes to this stuff. If they want to use it as a reason to pull you over, they will. At the very least I'd put a switch on them.

I take this to mean that these are requirements not restrictions. I think it's saying that you are required to have markers and beams that are amber or clear for them to be street legal. But that doesn't mean you can't have other lights that are different colors.

I myself would also have them wired to a switch. Maybe even colors changing and programmable to match the beat of my system so my truck stands out in parties. All in all, I'm for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I take this to mean that these are requirements not restrictions. I think it's saying that you are required to have markers and beams that are amber or clear for them to be street legal. But that doesn't mean you can't have other lights that are different colors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Those are restrictions... We find that on a customer's rig it comes off

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I like it.
I know a few guys that run LED strips on the bottom of their bikes.
At night, it makes them very noticeable to cage drivers.
I been thinking about running red LED's on my bike.