Led reverse flood light “Bumper Install” 28$ Bargain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After realizing with tint and a lift and how sub par the reverse light output is on these trucks, regardless of the lens’s type , I thought I’d showcase a small project mod I did in a few hours. Here is a Led flush mount, Bumper install ! I trimmed an even portion of the bumper cover away with the template to give more bumper dimension to fit the lights properly..
All Wired direct to the reverse lights .
Yea it’s Been done a million times but figured I’d show a finished install of some sort . The output is pretty decent. For a 28$ bargain these tend to be the go to lights to use with a lot of good reviews for this type of install.
The output is much brighter than a photo allows . Nice mod for leaving down a dark driveway ~ leaving a restraunt or any other place . Yea may be laws blah blah a reverse light is only on for a few moments and usually in your own driveway.
Link to the LEDs
Nilight LED flood lights 12v
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes lets light light up the neighborhood while backing up out of a parking space.... great idea.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks pretty good imo. You have a 2wd suburban right?
Thanks and yea I do ,
At first I was gonna send them back the way the bumper angles after about 3” down past the bumper cover it would put the lights at a downward angle but by some means of custom cutting the bumper cover away it “90%” looks like it could be there Oem. I mean I’m fine with it and pleased

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes let’s light light up the neighborhood while backing up out of a parking space.... great idea.
They’re not KC Lights bud my god
They’re just about where a reverse light should be as far as out put. They call this 20$ sh** flood lights per the Chinese sales pitch .. they are fine imho

And for one thing, I live in the boonies , and what’s the difference if you pull out of your driveway, forward with your headlights on blare or drive down the road with the headlights on blare lighting up the world in the same manner, or one of the 50 people a night on high beam care free .. if you want an analogy for it .
There on for 5-10 seconds of backing up and there not 30k worth of lumen

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes lets light light up the neighborhood while backing up out of a parking space.... great idea.
Are you fn with me or just on one today, help me guage the comment ??

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks and yea I do ,
At first I was gonna send them back the way the bumper angles after about 3” down past the bumper cover it would put the lights at a downward angle but by some means of custom cutting the bumper cover away it “90%” looks like it could be there Oem. I mean I’m fine with it and pleased
Ok I only asking because your pic shows a close up to your rear sway bar. I know you have a lift and just got done looking at your stabilizer. My question is this. Have you extended your rear sway bar links?. I can't remember my original set up, because its been so long, but I want to say it's supposed to be leveled or have a slight pitch. After my lift the sway bar was way off. And I ended up buying dakota sway bar links for the rear and k1500 sway bar links for the front. I got them more leveled then what rough country half ass. Also as a fyi I believe rc does offer extended links. I found out after the fact of course. Not that you'll need it, just giving you, info I overlooked over the years.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re just about where a reverse light should be as far as out put. They call this 20$ sh** flood lights per the Chinese sales pitch .. they are fine imho

And for one thing, I live in the boonies , and what’s the difference if you pull out of your driveway, forward with your headlights on blare or drive down the road with the headlights on blare lighting up the world in the same manner, or one of the 50 people a night on high beam care free .. if you want an analogy for it .
There on for 5-10 seconds of backing up and there not 30k worth of lumen
When you have to reverse on a country back road at night you certainly want to see what's behind you so you don't end up in a ditch. I am rural and have done a similar setup and am all for it.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's what I referring to, ignore the dry rotting bushing

Attachments

• 20240406_190114.jpg
    20240406_190114.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240406_190147.jpg
    20240406_190147.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 18

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They’re just about where a reverse light should be as far as out put.

And for one thing, I live in the boonies , and what’s the difference if you pull out of your driveway, forward with your headlights on blare or drive down the road with the headlights on blare lighting up the world in the same manner, if you want an analogy for it .
There on for 5-10 seconds of backing up and there not 30k worth of lu
Well ,what You want? . I don't need 30k lumen to get me out if the driveway in reverse. More worried about where I'm going than where I been