Backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nacman

Reaction score
Driver's side backup light issue. If I run jumper wire from black to black and light green to light green it works. Plug in the harness and it doesn't work. I tried to bend connection on the truck side Plug in and added some stranded wire to get a better connection. Didn't help. Truck also has hyper flash and no led bulbs. Everything else seems to be working. Brake lights, running lights, blinkers...other than the hyper flash when blinkers are on.

Attachments

• 20240421_072808.jpg
    20240421_072808.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried swapping the driver and passenger boards to determine if it is a board or connector problem?
The connector is fairly robust and the boards are known to flake out.

If you have a multimeter handy, you can check the board for continuity and resistance based on the diagram below.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you need a new rear connector, you can cut off the old one and install this pigtail with solder or crimps.

If you need an entire harness, you could make one yourself or pick one up at a salvage yard.
I just so happened to pick up a rear harness at a salvage yard the other day and took measurements of leg lengths and cable colors.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: