Front Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I know my 94 has 4X6 speakers in the dash. But I just got a set of new Power Bass 4" speakers for free. I was wondering if anyone has mounted the 4"s and how they did it. I figure I will have to fab something up to mount it solid, but not sure how.

Any help would be appreciated.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Some thin sheet metal maybe. Cut it to fit in the 4x6 hole, then cut a 4" hole for the new speakers.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I put 4" rounds up front in place of the 4x6's. I bought a piece of particle board and cut it to the shape of the stock speaker with the same mounting holes. I traced the cutout for the 4" round speaker in the center of it along with the holes to mount it. I then fiberglassed the particle board for strength. However, the speakers were too tall and I could not use the OEM plastic speaker covers. Also, the mounting depth is not very deep and it would be a good idea to check and see if the speaker will fit. I say this because I had to move the foam out of the way so the speaker could fit. I did a similar thing with the rears in my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I put 4" rounds up front in place of the 4x6's. I bought a piece of particle board and cut it to the shape of the stock speaker with the same mounting holes. I traced the cutout for the 4" round speaker in the center of it along with the holes to mount it. I then fiberglassed the particle board for strength. However, the speakers were too tall and I could not use the OEM plastic speaker covers. Also, the mounting depth is not very deep and it would be a good idea to check and see if the speaker will fit. I say this because I had to move the foam out of the way so the speaker could fit. I did a similar thing with the rears in my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's a idea, Thanks