Evo delete without removing pump.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to put in an evo bypass without removing the pump. If it is how do I do it. Otherwise I'll probably just swap the steering speed sensor.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d be hard convinced to try to pull that EVO
valve fitting with the pump still on the vehicle. There just isn’t much room to get a wrench in there but...worst case you try it and it works or you end up pulling the pump anyways.

A discussion on the 96 vs 97+ steering gears...

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/steering-box.44132/

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Has any one changed the pressure relief setting on their pump to raise the steering effort?

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be hard convinced to try to pull that EVO
valve fitting with the pump still on the vehicle. There just isn’t much room to get a wrench in there but...worst case you try it and it works or you end up pulling the pump anyways.

A discussion on the 96 vs 97+ steering gears...

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/steering-box.44132/
What blocks it coming off, just the exhaust manifold heat shield? I have a 3 inch body lift so I can see it from the side of the truck pretty good, if that's what you mean.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What blocks it coming off, just the exhaust manifold heat shield? I have a 3 inch body lift so I can see it from the side of the truck pretty good, if that's what you mean.

That might change things, then. Mine is stock height (4x4) and I think it was something in the suspension that would make turning a wrench a tight fit. It’s been a while.

I don’t remember the size of the EVO valve fitting, but it was a larger one...maybe 1” or something like that.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here what I can see from my wheel well

You must be registered for see images attach